San Diego Maker Faire, Oct. 6-7th, 2018

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hi all!

I will be down at the San Diego Maker Faire in Balboa Park, Oct 6th & 7th, this coming Saturday and Sunday, representing some of the RC Clubs of San Diego County.

We'll be down there allowing people to get hands on with building some Flite Test STEM chuck gliders (I just got them in last week!!), as well as demoing some Inductrix/Newbeedrone/Tinywhoop style quads with FPV, and a display with Liftoff for people to try their hand at flying in a simulator!

If you're interested, come down and check us out; the entire Maker Faire will be spread throughout Balboa Park, and our booth will be located inside the new Comic-Con Museum! Come check us out and take home a glider, and feel free to harass me in person. :)

sprzout

Mentor
So, for those who didn’t attend, our booth was JAM PACKED on Saturday and Sunday.

I built 80 of the STEM gliders, and have it down to a science. I feel confident that, with pieces in front of me, I could build them blindfolded. As it was, I was building them in low light, but I think it was a success!

Lots of thanks goes out to Palomar RC Flyers for putting this together, as well as Weedwackers Aero Squadron for their assistance this weekend!

Here’s a few photos:

3F32BCE3-15CC-445D-941A-9BE76C6D5518.jpeg
5B664A97-14B5-4163-AC31-2450377979AC.jpeg
C07CDB74-A736-4A5B-B9CF-D35A2DCF2E0D.jpeg

sprzout

Mentor
@sprzout that is so cool. :)

@cranialrectosis , it was ABSOLUTELY nuts, but so much fun. :) If you have a chance to do a Maker Faire in your area, DO IT!!!

So sorry I couldn't meet up with you and your daughter @jhitesma ; I was actually going to give her my Comic-Con lanyard that I had on, simply so she could say, "I've got something from Comic-Con!", but we never connected. Oh well - next time! :) As you saw, I was busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest, but pretty much everyone walked away happy from our booth, and the planes were seen all over Balboa Park; in addition, apparently, both clubs that attended saw field attendance swell over the weekend from various events!

I'd say overall, this was a great show, and I really hope I can do it all over again next year. :)