SAW 2020 - Spitfires Around the World 2020. World wide January 1st invitational

kilroy07

Legendary member
So, I was getting ready to “finally “ paint mine and was trying out a location to hang it to dry after I minwaxed it... and she slipped off the hanger and landed right on her tail..... 😰

It’s pretty bad, the elevator split, rudder and vertical stabilizer folded like an accordion.....

I’m at the airport now (last business trip of the year) but when I return I’ll take pics...
thinking about it now, might just be easier to cut out a brand new tail.

Good thing I’ll have a couple of weeks to get it ready.

mayan

Legendary member
So, I was getting ready to “finally “ paint mine and was trying out a location to hang it to dry after I minwaxed it... and she slipped off the hanger and landed right on her tail..... 😰

It’s pretty bad, the elevator split, rudder and vertical stabilizer folded like an accordion.....

I’m at the airport now (last business trip of the year) but when I return I’ll take pics...

Sorry to hear about that buddy. Sure you’ll have her fixed in no time :).

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

Big time bummer, you didn't even get to crash her! I'm with mayan, though. No doubt you'll be able to have her fixed and ready to go in time. :)

kilroy07

Legendary member
I was wanting to coat my Spit in minwax before I painted her. So I was looking for a way to hang it to dry... It slipped off the hanger and landed right on it's tail... ruining both the elevator and rudder... So, I set it aside for awhile, frustrated...
Then remembered "Oh wait, I'm sposta fly the darn thing today!!" :oops:

IMG_0107.JPG IMG_0108.JPG
7:30 AM The rebuild begins (Nothing like waiting till the last minute, HUH?!!)

IMG_0109.JPG
8:00 Damaged surfaces removed and new blanks cut out.

IMG_0110.JPG
8:30 New surfaces ironed and on air-frame

IMG_0111.JPG
9:00 All ready, just waiting on the transmitter batteries to charge. (y)

Weather currently;
Winds 8 Mph
Temp 34 (Feels like 27!)

The local club is having their annual "First flight of the year" event, so we'll see how many other crazy ones show up...
Really starting to question my sanity somedays... ... (most days...) :rolleyes:

kilroy07

Legendary member
Would a p-38 count?
Sure, this just started over at the spitfire thread... We are an inclusive community after all! :LOL:

We need to come up with a catchy slogan for Flite Test over the world... maybe make this an annual event...
Although, I might have second thoughts about that after I get back (and if my toes haven't frozen off today!)

mach1 rc

Master member
Sure, this just started over at the spitfire thread... We are an inclusive community after all! :LOL:

We need to come up with a catchy slogan for Flite Test over the world... maybe make this an annual event...
Although, I might have second thoughts about that after I get back (and if my toes haven't frozen off today!)
What? is it cold were you are😉😉😉