Say Hi!

Sole

Hi! Dennis from the Netherlands here. 26 years old and having a life long obsession with anything aviation related. I got into RC a few years ago but it really kicked off after seeing FliteTest for the first time a few months ago. Although I studied Media Design, I now work at a restaurant (more fun, I love food) to fund my flying (read: crashing). I currently have more crashes than landings under my belt, but that won't stop me ;)

My airforce currently consists of hotglue and tape held together by a Wildhawk, a HK450 helo that I don't dare fly (my fiancee insisted I got one :p) and a Multiplex Fox chuckglider.

elemental

Colorex told me to say hi.......so HI!!

Attachments

• nnTigerMothTop.JPG
    nnTigerMothTop.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 0
  • nnTigerMoth2.JPG
    nnTigerMoth2.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 0
  • nnTigerMoth1.JPG
    nnTigerMoth1.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 0

Bigshow4u

Hello everyone My name is Scott and i am 28 yrs old. I live in Swayzee, IN (The ONLY Swayzee in the world!) I have been flying for about 2 months and currently into flying 3D. I Also race RC Cars but due to tracks closing I am primarily flying now. I would like to thank FliteTest for all their videos and looking forward to seeing more from them. I hope I get a chance to meet them someday as they look like some great guys to hang with.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hello everyone My name is Scott and i am 28 yrs old. I live in Swayzee, IN (The ONLY Swayzee in the world!) I have been flying for about 2 months and currently into flying 3D. I Also race RC Cars but due to tracks closing I am primarily flying now. I would like to thank FliteTest for all their videos and looking forward to seeing more from them. I hope I get a chance to meet them someday as they look like some great guys to hang with.

Nice to meet you Scott! Welcome to the FT Forum!

bubsteve

Hey everyone,, I'm stevecooper,, looking forward to lot's of fun stuff to happen here:)
bubsteve

Attachments

• SAM_0134.jpg
    SAM_0134.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 49
  • SAM_0129.jpg
    SAM_0129.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 53
  • SAM_0064.jpg
    SAM_0064.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 48
  • SAM_0063.jpg
    SAM_0063.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 155980_1652332341963_1046641667_1758502_6525381_n.jpg
    155980_1652332341963_1046641667_1758502_6525381_n.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 45

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Hey guys,

my name is Anas (arabian) and yeah I started the hobby with cars (nitro and electric) about two years ago and after one year i thought that a two axes control is just too easy. I need something more challenging, so I went flying about a year ago and now got my Parkzone Extra 300, which is an awesome plane. And I also love scratchbuilds as it is a much better feeling to fly something that you have build yourself.
I´m 16 years old and live in Germany so I can speek arabian, german and english so far.
I´ve always been interested in physiks stuff and all that maths behind it as well and rc planes was the way to go for me then as it´s practically physics. I also play basketball and know got some computerknowledge.

So thats me and I´m really looking forward to some more flitetest episode by the two joshs.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Welcome Anas to the forum. I've passed through Germany a few times but only learned some basic words. I've stayed in Bahrain many times so I actually speak more Arabic than German, which still isn't much. (My proficiency is with English, Spanish, and a little French.) I enjoy this hobby because it is fun, it's educational, and I like sharing it with others, especially my son who actually got me into it. There's a lot of good camaraderie in this.

Wilkommen & Mahrhaba

—Jim

Attachments

• Brit Long EZ side view.jpeg
    Brit Long EZ side view.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Brit Long EZ.jpeg
    Brit Long EZ.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 0

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Well, that´s kinda funny, I think :D

Yeah I really do agree with you that there is quite a lot of Kameradschaft here and thats what I appreciate in comparison to other forums (not saying that all the others are bad though!)

There is another german forum which had the same property but it is all about cars. Still when I look back into it from time to time, there not much change because it is mostly the same people being online often.

Anyways, nice to know you.

Anas

ky3orr

RC newbie
Hi folks!
My name is Grzegorz (Greg). I am newbie to flying and i'd like to take advantage of that cool hobby. I am interrested in FPV and GPS navigation (self steering as well). I studied electronics (I am a freak of electronics) and I am from Poland :)
Take care!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hi folks!
My name is Grzegorz (Greg). I am newbie to flying and i'd like to take advantage of that cool hobby. I am interrested in FPV and GPS navigation (self steering as well). I studied electronics (I am a freak of electronics) and I am from Poland :)
Take care!
Welcome to the Flite Test Forum! Check out the FPV and Aerial Video Forums!

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Colorex sent me a message telling me to say "hi" soooooo..........

"HI" my name is Eric Monroe. (aka Angry Swordsman, and Flitetest cameraman.)

I have been flying R/C since 1985. Jim Bixler (Flitetest host Josh Bixler's brother) is my best friend.....and he and I learned to fly at the same time from Bruce....Jim & Josh's father. I grew up flying R/C with their family and out of the kindness of Bruce's heart, I was given the opportunity to do all of my full-scale flight training in their '46 T-Craft. The Bixler's are truly the kindest people you will ever meet. (if you ever get to meet Josh B. you will find that he is even nicer in real life....if thats even possible.) lol

couple of tid-bits:
I am really really into tri and quad copters at the moment....using them to film aerial video.
My wife and I rescue abused pitbulls and currently have 3 living with us. (with a total of 11 pit rescues between me and my immediate family.)
I am the PROUD father of a beautiful 4 1/2 year old little girl....and because of being self-employed I get to see her & spend time with her basically all-day, every-day.
I speak German (so to all the German forum members out there, feel free to message me in German :) )

I am extremely grateful to be a part of the Flitetest crew.....and I am honored to work with such a great group of talented guys.

So there.......a little about me.....brought to you in part by Colorex's invite to this page. :)

Cheers! and happy flying everyone!

Eric

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Colorex sent me a message telling me to say "hi" soooooo..........

"HI" my name is Eric Monroe. (aka Angry Swordsman, and Flitetest cameraman.)
So there.......a little about me.....brought to you in part by Colorex's invite to this page. :)
Cheers! and happy flying everyone!

Eric

HAHAHA I didn't know it was you! LOL

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Willkommen to the forum Eric.

I admire humility that honors others as you have done. It is an uncommon virtue but one that I am pleased to see abound in your crew and this forum.

I thought that slice, by the way, was a very keen one, like a pro. My hope is to see many more episodes of the high calibre and unique style that your excellent crew puts out.

—Jim

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
Hey guys, my names Pat I'm 26 from western PA, close to Pittsburgh
Well growing up a always had a heart for aviation. I grew up in a military family, my father was a crew chief for some awsome planes mainly his F-4G "wild weasel" that most that inspired me. When I was five my dad and I build a P40 rubberband free flight, and when I was 12 I built my first RC plane a Sig LT 25, great plane and I still have it today and I've built many planes since then but will never forget my first plane. RC planes and my dad has inspired me to work on the real thing. When I turned 19yrs I joined the U.S. Air Force and became an Aircraft Structural Maintenance and Repair Tech or aka"Sheetmetal" Tech. I've mainly worked on C-130H at Youngtown ARS and C-5A at WrightPatterson AFB. Now I'm just a civilian living in western PA loving life and Flying some Planes!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Welcome to the forum Pat and thank you for your service to our country.

I have a fondness for both the Herc and the C-5. I've ridden in both and I know which I prefer though I have to admit one of my Herc rides was in Fat Albert with the JATO's (wayyyy cool). While I was in the Navy (enjoying the many fine bases the Air Force has to offer as a P-3 flyer) I too was in aviation maintenance, but I was an avionics tech.

I do look forward to doing a tricopter build though that might not be too soon.

—Jim

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
Welcome to the forum Pat and thank you for your service to our country.

I have a fondness for both the Herc and the C-5. I've ridden in both and I know which I prefer though I have to admit one of my Herc rides was in Fat Albert with the JATO's (wayyyy cool). While I was in the Navy (enjoying the many fine bases the Air Force has to offer as a P-3 flyer) I too was in aviation maintenance, but I was an avionics tech.

I do look forward to doing a tricopter build though that might not be too soon.

—Jim
Thanks Jim, and thank you for your service as well. yeah I agree Fat Albert is totally awsome! And I totally prefer the C-130 mainly bc they are way more reliable than a C-5 lol. Ours seem to break every time they would fly. Probably bc they are a skyscraper with wings! If you do decide to build a tricopter let us know there is a lot of good info we can help u with along the way take care.