Say Hi!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
This thread will be the place to say hello, to say something about yourself, and to get to know others!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hi, I'm André (alias Colorex).

I'm a 17 year old guy who likes to build model aircraft from scratch, I am also good at computers and at playing the guitar.
I haven't flown an RC plane yet, but I'm looking forward to buying and flying a Bixler. Even though I haven't flown yet, I know a great deal about construction methods, and airplane physics.

I hope I can help you out if you need anything! Enjoy the Forum!

woodss

Death from above
The name is Steve, been flying for coming up a year now - more into FPV than anything else at the minute and a connoseur of duct tape.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
André it's a pleasure to know the name behind the alias. I do hope you get that flying problem dealt with soon. I assume your saving up for a Bixler or something of that nature. Yes?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
André it's a pleasure to know the name behind the alias. I do hope you get that flying problem dealt with soon. I assume your saving up for a Bixler or something of that nature. Yes?

I will pretend I am saving up. I am currently working not-so-often as a computer maintenance guy at a cyber café if you know what that is. I am looking forward to an interview on Monday to see if I get something stable. Oh, I'm also studying for Cisco Certificate Network Associate, a certificate in Networking.
I am planning on writing a small guide to beginner electric RC putting together all the pieces I've picked up over time on the web.
Lately I've been spending too much time on the forum (which my number of posts stands witness to), so I'll try to reduce that to once or twice a day. But I really enjoy sharing the purpose of FliteTest!

killerwin

MAYDAYRC.com
André, el Bixler es un modelo exelente para aprender a volar. Deveras te divertiras en cuanto lo tengas. Asi te veras menos en los foros. jeje. ;)

Desde Miami,
Erwin

Attachments

• IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    365.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

killerwin

MAYDAYRC.com
I'm Erwin and I've been flying since 2009. I started with a Super Cub and have been building and designing my own models since then. I use DollarTree foam board, Bluecor foam and hot glue to make stuff fly.

I keep many websites and an RC blog at MAYDAYRC.com. I am a web developer and designer. I'm in Miami Lakes in South Florida.

I love Flite Test because they are such a fun bunch of dudes. They are doing what the hobby needed for a long time, bringing friendliness to new comers; something that is rare to find at local parks and clubs.

See the links in my signature to see my YouTube videos and follow me on Twitter and my Website.

Attachments

• FleetCollage.jpg
    FleetCollage.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 2

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
André, el Bixler es un modelo exelente para aprender a volar. Deveras te divertiras en cuanto lo tengas. Asi te veras menos en los foros. jeje. ;)

Desde Miami,
Erwin

Erwin reminds me to brag about something: I speak English and Swedish close to perfect, and Spanish more than perfect.

killerwin

MAYDAYRC.com
Erwin reminds me to brag about something: I speak English and Swedish close to perfect, and Spanish more than perfect.

Yes, your English is flawless so far. I saw you're in Ecuador and wanted you to know I can speak Spanish too; I'm from Cuba and grew up in Miami :)

Attachments

• smiley devil.JPG
    smiley devil.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 146
  • FT Explorer Big 01.jpg
    FT Explorer Big 01.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Explorer Big 02.jpg
    FT Explorer Big 02.jpg
    995.3 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Explorer Big 03.jpg
    FT Explorer Big 03.jpg
    659 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Explorer Big 04.jpg
    FT Explorer Big 04.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Explorer Big 05.jpg
    FT Explorer Big 05.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 1
  • FT Explorer Mini 01.jpg
    FT Explorer Mini 01.jpg
    900 KB · Views: 0

PaulT

Mentor
Hola from west coast Canada. New forum (about time). Started flying in
the late 1960's with an 049 Cox control line Spitfire. Started up again
to teach my son (15 at the time) how to fly in electric this time. Wow,
steep technology learning curve! HK Bixler times two. Best trainer ever!!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Guys, it's great seeing all of you here.

I'll go ahead, and chime in, so I am not being hypocritical when telling others to do the same.

My name is Fred Provost, although you wouldn't know that when I make the trip to my favorite flying field and hobby shop, Hodges Hobbies! No, there, and online I'm better known as FlyingMonkey, FM, or monkey. Heck, my wife doesn't call me by name, but instead I am, "monkey", or more often, "bad monkey". What can I say, I like being bothersome.

I fly, badly, but I am the best bad flyer you'll ever meet. I am really really good at it. I've been flying badly for many years now. I hope to fly badly for many more. I don't limit my bad flying to any one type of aircraft either. I love flying them all badly. I've done everything from FFF planes, to .46 sized balsa warbirds. I enjoy flying rotorcraft badly as well. Both CP helicopters, and most recently, and the most badly, multirotors.

I love the internet, and am a prolific poster. I enjoy RC forums, and am thrilled that Flite Test has created this for us. I am enjoying their success, and hope that it continues. I'm selfish that way.

I will admit to being the other balding guy in the video with Josh and Mac with his B-29. It took some arm twisting, but I was very happy to see the guys show up at SEFF. I hope they make it again this coming year.

Did I mention I liked to post a lot?

I think this should do as an intro. I've volunteered to help the Flite Test crew with forum maintenance, and they must have accidentally provided me with some admin like powers. So, if there's anything I can help with, I will be watching the support threads. Also, I am always available both through here, and you'll find me on the Flite Test Facebook page.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I fly, badly, but I am the best bad flyer you'll ever meet. I am really really good at it. I've been flying badly for many years now. I hope to fly badly for many more. I don't limit my bad flying to any one type of aircraft either. I love flying them all badly. I've done everything from FFF planes, to .46 sized balsa warbirds. I enjoy flying rotorcraft badly as well. Both CP helicopters, and most recently, and the most badly, multirotors.

You wouldn't believe how much you made me laugh!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Monkey, Have I told you lately that I enjoy your humor? Oh yeah, well, if you should decide to run for dictator of anything, you got my vote. By the way I'm wayyyyy bad. I'm so bad I have zero airworthy planes at this moment. I know I said I would have that wing done this weekend. Good thing it's a 3 day weekend. I think I should get on it.

Tim Hoyer

Watch This!!!!!
Hey guys!! Tim Hoyer, I'm 33 did a 10 year stint in the USAF as a Vehicle Fleet Manager and 3 years as a recruiter. Been into flying for 25 years and cut my teeth at the Apollo Field in Van Nyes Ca.

digitalsniper

i had a yellow lab named Monkey one time. hehe
Thanks for the intro fred. I hope one day to fly as badly as you do!!!

digitalsniper

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
That has got to be one of the thinnest introductions I have ever seen... Could you tell us something about yourself besides your dog's name, and that you have low aspirations for your flying future? :D