Scale Backcountry - Big Tire - STOL Planes Thread, Scale ONLY please :)

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
1C061B2B-ABA8-4C8C-A8A2-7B13F79985F3.jpeg
Scale. Bush plane. With large wheels. Check check check. This is a fairly unknown spitfire prototype.

Piotrsko

Master member
to quote my first post "I'm really picky and planes in this thread will need to be based off a full-size plane, not just a high-wing plane you stuck bigger tires on."
Ummm that's pretty much what ALL bush planes are: full sized with big tires. The reason you dont go low wing is that you tend to bend the wing on assorted tree stumps, rocks or gulleys.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Ummm that's pretty much what ALL bush planes are: full sized with big tires. The reason you dont go low wing is that you tend to bend the wing on assorted tree stumps, rocks or gulleys.
yeah but my point is a spit is not supposed to be in this thread

Taildragger

Legendary member
It says in your signature that you have a Citibria in your hanger. When was this made? I am very interested in Citibria's at the moment.
here:
My citabria? Its scale and irl it can fly in the backcountry, so I'd say it can go here
It will be more scale once I add paint
View attachment 217195
View attachment 217196
View attachment 217197
View attachment 217198
View attachment 217199
and in its current condition: :(
View attachment 217200
that enough?

Piotrsko

Master member
yeah but my point is a spit is not supposed to be in this thread
Why not? If someone is goofy enough to put really huge tires on it, Let them document that. Fwiw if you ever watch WW2 brit documentary stuff the fields they launch spits off of ain't smoother than a gravel spit on a river. They bounce enough to be going across the plowed furrows sideways.

I think you're showing obvious discrimination practices for the not quite abled.