Scale Backcountry - Big Tire - STOL Planes Thread, Scale ONLY please :)

L Edge

Master member
Taildragger:
What features are you looking for in a STOL?
What do you consider a weak point that need to be improved?
What about winds(how strong,gusty)?

Taildragger

Legendary member
Taildragger:
What features are you looking for in a STOL?
What do you consider a weak point that need to be improved?
What about winds(how strong,gusty)?
1. The ability to take off scale. Sure it's cool to see an RC plane take off in less than a foot, but I personally like having them a little longer for a scale look.
2. Stick and rudder skills. Just as Kevin Quinn started STOL drag to make good pilots better, I use RC for the same thing. My motivation for RC flying is to fulfil my dreams of backcountry flying while I'm too young and too broke to do it in full size.
3. Not sure what you're asking. I guess it depends on the plane(?)

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
AED03B30-2BE8-480C-98CA-6B20416B96F9.jpeg
no comment

cyclone3350

Master member

Taildragger

Legendary member
Whoa, how'd I miss this one. First I missed out on the topic of the Citabria. I spent 3 summers driving a 7GCbC, 7GCAA, 7KCAB & the 8GCBC Scout with banners on the back. I also did some Acro training in the 8KCAB. I see U finished the Fox. I'm speechless except to say that it is totally rad. Nice job on the skins :cool:(y)
The Scout is awesome
The kitfox still doesn't fly but it looks good :)

cyclone3350

Master member
Just weather holding me back

Oh cool. Get a vid! I am in the same boat. The best I have to look forward to is hoping the temp will @ least be endurable enough to test run a gas conversion which looks like the end of next week. As far as the winds, who knows. March? April? Nah, those R the suckiest months for wind her in IL. Moving to GA, hopefully in early June. I think there, I'll be complaining about not having enough crappy WX to be home building.:D

Taildragger

Legendary member
Oh cool. Get a vid! I am in the same boat. The best I have to look forward to is hoping the temp will @ least be endurable enough to test run a gas conversion which looks like the end of next week. As far as the winds, who knows. March? April? Nah, those R the suckiest months for wind her in IL. Moving to GA, hopefully in early June. I think there, I'll be complaining about not having enough crappy WX to be home building.:D
I got a vid lol. 17mph headwind