esbirabbit

I think it would be really cool if there were scale trainers. There are two in particular I would really like to see:
-Westland Lysander
- De Havilland Canada DHC-1 Chipmunk

Keep up the good work!

Physiognomybook

I'm quite new to the hobby only working with 3 channel trainer planes but having just seen a lysander in the air, I can't get the idea of a foam board one out of my head. Would love to hear your progress

quorneng

Master member
Whilst a Lysander has reasonable characteristics for a trainer plane it needs to be built light for those characteristics to show.
The full size was definitely not the easiest plane in the world to fly relying heavily on a powerful engine & complex high lift wing features for its STOL abilities.

Chucknuttz

Don't forget about the automatic leading edge slats. The characteristics of the full size plane will never completely transfer over to RC, however I believe that the Lysander can offer a good platform for a trainer, while providing unique lines and an amazing historical story as inspiration.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
I find the FT commuter to be the best and easiest plane I have ever flown. It taught me how to fly LOS.
I sorta could fly using my Tiny Trainer on 3s with FPV. That was how I learned. But my commuter was really good. I built it 4ch and it flies better then my Tiny Trainer....