Scaled FT plans - available by request

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
If the 800 Spit flys like a 10 (which it does) the 800 Racer by comparison would be a 1.

Build the 800 Spit.

Ok just maiden the 800 Ft racer and it is twitchy. Even after setting the expo and dual rates low. Almost lost it out of sight but was able to bring it back and landed it but I might leave it as a shelf queen for now.

Also maiden a new 800 Ft mustang i finished yesteday and alittle trimming and I love it. Almost done with my 800 ft spitfire cant wait to maiden it also.

What wire do you guys use for landing gear on these? On my old mustang I used coat hangers and they would bend on every landing, pretty much only protected the prop from braking.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
What wire do you guys use for landing gear on these? On my old mustang I used coat hangers and they would bend on every landing, pretty much only protected the prop from braking.

Here is what I typically use:

• Standard (swappable) landing gear = 28 gage (.071"/1.8mm) or 30 gage (.080"/2.0mm) music wire.
  • Storch landing gear = 32 gage (.090"/2.3mm) music wire.
  • Push rods =18 gage (.040"/1.0mm) music wire.

Added landing gear to the mustang and spitfire
image.jpg
image.jpg

jmiah007

I maidened my 800mm Spitfire in a bit too windy of conditions, but it flew awesome. Tomorrow should be calmer so I can trim it, but it shouldn't need much. Awesome plane! Thanks again Nic for the advise!

Merrixs

Hello Nic. I was curious if you would mind at some point taking a look at the flying box car plans and maybe making some 50% plans of it? Thanks in advance if you put any time into this, but if not no worries. I could probably get it done my self if I want it that bad.

jaskoller

I'd certainly be interested in a 150% Guinea Pig. I'm not sure the size of Peters large one, I don't need one that big, but something impressive in the air would be great!

Topper60

Hi I don't know where I see that but I see a plan for a P-38 with one motor style pusher. I see you make a plan and I would try to make one with Sketchup. If you know where I can find this plan I be happy. You make a grest job.