Scaled FT plans - available by request

bmosinski

It depends on what needs to be done but generally:

-Resize to the desired percent
-Modify all A/B cuts to match foam depth
-Adjust tab depth
-Move tab locations
-Test

So far I've built all the plans I have linked to make sure they are pretty close. They usually need a few extra tweaks when you build but they should be 99%.

I can give the Viggen a go but I won't be able to test build it. So you're welcome to use my plans but please let me know if you had to modify anything to make it work so I can make the appropriate changes.

I'll work on the Viggen and will try to get it done in the next week.

So if you scale up like on just laser printer and the cuts for fold line are obviously bigger the DTFB, do you just split the difference down the middle or just stay to the inside?

Love your stuff...just found my canopy for A-10 once I am done with this experiment. Love your designs, plans and posts. Keep the coming! Regards, Bob

Paracodespoder

Elite member
So if you scale up like on just laser printer and the cuts for fold line are obviously bigger the DTFB, do you just split the difference down the middle or just stay to the inside?

Love your stuff...just found my canopy for A-10 once I am done with this experiment. Love your designs, plans and posts. Keep the coming! Regards, Bob
I’ve always wondered the same thing, 🤨 hmm?

jpot1

Elite member
I’ve always wondered the same thing, 🤨 hmm?

It depends on the plane/part. Most of the time it’s easy. For example, B fold for the fuse area. The side of the fuse stays the same and the score cut moves inwards.

Other areas like spar cutouts for a wing, I just keep the mid point and shrink evenly from each side.

adnanasghar453

FAQ

You don't have the plane/plans I'm looking for, will you make them for me?
If you've wanted to build plane X scaled to Y but aren't sure of the modifications that would be required then add a comment and let me know what you want to build, I'll do my best to make plans for you.

Did you create these plans?
I don't take credit for the following plans, FT and others have created them originally. I've just re-sized, adjusted tabs, A/B folds, and made other small adjustments to make them scale properly.

The electronics you recommend don't match what I've seen others use, what gives?
The suggested electronics are just my opinion, other options will work. I have tested the exact or very similar set up to what I've suggested but if you have questions about a different set up or how a plane will perform with a different set up please post a comment.

Do I need to know anything special before using these plans?
The plans are not perfect and some slight tweaks may be needed. If you have to alter any plans to make them work let me know and I'll adjust accordingly. I have built nearly every one of these planes so far and they all work great!

If I want to use one of the really fast electronic sets up, do I need to modify my build at all?
Make sure you add a CF or aluminum spar with anything more than the Good electronics.

Do I have to use DTFB with these plans?
No, but these plans are designed around the dimensions of DTFB so you might have to make other modifications to get everything to fit right.

You don't seem to offer tiled plans, how do I print full sized plans?
1. Open the PDF you want to print using Adobe Reader X.
2. Click the Print icon.
3. In the Print dialog box, click Poster.
4. Set Tile Scale to 100%.
5. Set Overlap to 0.005in.
6. Click Print.

PLANS

UMX
Coming soon!

50% - 5-600mm
Coming soon!

80% - 800mm
ELECTRONICS

Minimum

Good

Great

80+ MPH

100+ MPH

1000mah 3S
Blue Wonder
8x4 APC
400g

1000mah 3S
NTM 28-26 1350kv - 56g 220w
8x6 APC
420g

1500mah 3S
NTM 28-30 1200kv - 67g 350w
9x6 APC
500g

2000mah 3S
NTM 28-36 2200kv - 87g 700w
7x6 APC
580g

2000mah 4S
NTM 35-36 1800kv - 117g 875w
7x6 APC
680g
800mm PowerPod
Plans 2000mah 4S will fit inside.​
FT Flyer - 525mm (Blue Wonder or smaller motor suggested)​
FT Viggen - 480mm​
FT Mustang
FT Racer
Review - Plans
FT Spitfire
ultramicrobe Messerschmitt & P51

120% - 12-1300mm

FT Old Fogey

150% - 14-1600mm
ELECTRONICS
FT Bloody Wonder v2

Filken Corsair
FT Spitfire

200% - Build tips

FT Spitfire - 2100mm (83in)​
Build Threads

FT Dusty - 1500mm (60in)​
Review - Plans - Build video
Build Threads

FT Old Fogey - 1850mm (74in)​
FT Mini Scout

Dear i need FT Commuter Scale up plans with 70 inches wingspan

ironman4034

FAQ

You don't have the plane/plans I'm looking for, will you make them for me?
If you've wanted to build plane X scaled to Y but aren't sure of the modifications that would be required then add a comment and let me know what you want to build, I'll do my best to make plans for you.

Did you create these plans?
I don't take credit for the following plans, FT and others have created them originally. I've just re-sized, adjusted tabs, A/B folds, and made other small adjustments to make them scale properly.

The electronics you recommend don't match what I've seen others use, what gives?
The suggested electronics are just my opinion, other options will work. I have tested the exact or very similar set up to what I've suggested but if you have questions about a different set up or how a plane will perform with a different set up please post a comment.

Do I need to know anything special before using these plans?
The plans are not perfect and some slight tweaks may be needed. If you have to alter any plans to make them work let me know and I'll adjust accordingly. I have built nearly every one of these planes so far and they all work great!

If I want to use one of the really fast electronic sets up, do I need to modify my build at all?
Make sure you add a CF or aluminum spar with anything more than the Good electronics.

Do I have to use DTFB with these plans?
No, but these plans are designed around the dimensions of DTFB so you might have to make other modifications to get everything to fit right.

You don't seem to offer tiled plans, how do I print full sized plans?
1. Open the PDF you want to print using Adobe Reader X.
2. Click the Print icon.
3. In the Print dialog box, click Poster.
4. Set Tile Scale to 100%.
5. Set Overlap to 0.005in.
6. Click Print.

PLANS

UMX
Coming soon!

50% - 5-600mm
Coming soon!

80% - 800mm
ELECTRONICS

Minimum

Good

Great

80+ MPH

100+ MPH

1000mah 3S
Blue Wonder
8x4 APC
400g

1000mah 3S
NTM 28-26 1350kv - 56g 220w
8x6 APC
420g

1500mah 3S
NTM 28-30 1200kv - 67g 350w
9x6 APC
500g

2000mah 3S
NTM 28-36 2200kv - 87g 700w
7x6 APC
580g

2000mah 4S
NTM 35-36 1800kv - 117g 875w
7x6 APC
680g
800mm PowerPod
Plans 2000mah 4S will fit inside.​
FT Flyer - 525mm (Blue Wonder or smaller motor suggested)​
FT Viggen - 480mm​
FT Mustang
FT Racer
Review - Plans
FT Spitfire
ultramicrobe Messerschmitt & P51

120% - 12-1300mm

FT Old Fogey

150% - 14-1600mm
ELECTRONICS
FT Bloody Wonder v2

Filken Corsair
FT Spitfire

200% - Build tips

FT Spitfire - 2100mm (83in)​
Build Threads

FT Dusty - 1500mm (60in)​
Build Threads

FT Old Fogey - 1850mm (74in)​
FT Mini Scout
Dear could you please up scale the ft commuter upto 60" niches wingspan

GotCox

I have searched everywhere and I dont see a 200% storch set of plans. If you find the time Nick to modify one I would be one happy storch crazy dude.

skair_kro

Hello,

im new to FT and was looking to make a mini guinea but my printer only dose black and white and was wondering if you could scale the new full size guinea down for me or show me where if its been done,

Thanks,
Matt

andrej

Builded ft versa 80%. But it flies strangely, and rolls absolutely do not work. In general, as I did the plans 80%. Just opened the plans in my pdf viewer, set the scale to 80%, attached a sheet of paper to the monitor, and with a pen he drew it from the monitor to paper. I build from the local foamboard 5.5mm. I think what is the problem, then how did I make the plans, or maybe CoG in a reduced version in another place?

jack10525

I am looking at building a 60" simple stick. Not sure what that would be scaled to and have no idea how to scale it up and print. Can anybody explain how to do this?