Help! Scavenging Toy Drone Cameras for EZ pack style planes.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
So I was looking through my junk parts bin and saw this from a wrecked toy grade syma quad I crashed a few years ago.
image.jpg
I thought I'd take it apart to see the internals
image.jpg

This gave me hope since I saw some parts I recognized. The negative, positive, signal (I think yellow), and maybe video (I think white wires, the camera off of a computer most likely, and even the foam tape on the back of the sensor.
image.jpg

As you can likely guess, the video quality was nonexistent. I can't access the videos for some reason (the syma app seems to be dead) but I can access the thumbnails.
2FEE59E0-6313-429A-B757-42F0E50AA629.jpeg

I think thw drone was actually controlled through a wifi signal, but is there a way to change that to normal analog or even just hook it up to an external vtx? Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

GrizWiz

Elite member
solder a button to the yellow wire. Attach the negative end of a connector to the black wire and a positive to the red. solder another wire going from the other side of the button to the negative of the connector. The button should allow take photos and videos. A short press makes it take a picture and a long press starts a video. Since it has a sd card plug it into a adaptor so you can view the footage.