Scoring Planes at Swap Meets, Estate Sales, and Online

Bricks

Master member
Picked up a very clean RTF Hyperion Enigma 3D for cheap at my first swap meet yesterday. Almost took home an 82" Extra 300 air frame and wing for $25 but I couldn't fit it in my car!

View attachment 155912
This is why when we go to swap meets we take my nephews mini van much more room with a board in it. Nothing worse then finding that great deal and then to not take advantage.

This coming Saturday Febuary 2 one of the biggest auctions up here in the Midwest,

OliverW

Legendary member
The guy said it was sold weeks ago and that he didnt feel like taking the add down lol. I just got a deal on a mini ultra stick instead. Probably will pick it up Sunday
I'm going to cut flaps into it as he opted out for them. Sounds like a pretty good chance that I will see my new bird a week from today!

chris398mx

Master member
This is why when we go to swap meets we take my nephews mini van much more room with a board in it. Nothing worse then finding that great deal and then to not take advantage.

This coming Saturday Febuary 2 one of the biggest auctions up here in the Midwest,
Where is this swap meet? and what time?

OliverW

Legendary member
Ahh, I see. So is that the fate for the mini ultra stick?
Nope. This one should fit the extremely cramped spaces I fly out of better than the valiant. The valiant flies within them easily, but a plane that expensive in that small of a space stresses me out

OliverW

Legendary member
I picked up this beautiful 84" Quaker at our club's RC auction for $40! And it had a 4 stroke engine on the front when I bought it - but before I left I already traded that engine for a similar sized brushless motor that I'm going to swap in.

View attachment 145605

I also picked up the ugliest 3D trainer plane I've ever seen for $20 - I intend to fly this one hard!
View attachment 145607

Who wouldn't love to get a "grenade launched glider"? :ROFLMAO: I got this one for $40 too.
View attachment 145608

I had a little bidding war on this kit and ended up paying $60 for it - but have never seen anything quite like it and haven't been able to find any online info about it either. I really like the idea of a "pattern trainer" though! The plans (which aren't at full building scale) inside have a 1969 date printed on them, but there is also an application for a "citizen band, non-stationary radio transmitter station" in Hawaii dated 1948 in the box too - and the full size templates inside are printed directly on cardboard!
View attachment 145609

I also got a Retro RC Baby e'Moth for only $10 - will be a great companion to my bigger sized Retro RC Moth kit.

And my last catch of the day was a Telemaster 40 kit that someone started but only built one wing panel. I hope all the parts are in the box - it had been opened and repacked a bit messily and couldn't be closed anymore. Picked that up for $30 - as long as all the plans sheets are in the roll (at least one sheet is there) this will be a great deal!

Overall a great auction for me! :D
Has the Quaker flown yet?