Scoter Plank

Keno

Scoter Build

Out flying today with my new plane and it flew very good for a prototype. Here are some pictures of it as it is presently. It flew great and I was quite pleased with its performance as was others who flew same. I also have drawings with a new profile look if you are interested. It is quick and simple build. I have not tried a hand launch, but I leave that to others. Anyway, for what it worth do what you may with the design. Just having fun....
9/11/ 2018 Scooter was a spelling mistake it should be of "Scoter" which is duck.

Attachments

• DSC00104 (2).JPG
    DSC00104 (2).JPG
    863.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Scooter.pdf
    88.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Scooter Wing.pdf
    86 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Out flying today with my new plane and it flew very good for a prototype. Here are some pictures of it as it is presently. It flew great and I was quite pleased with its performance as was others who flew same. I also have drawings with a new profile look if you are interested. It is quick and simple build. I have not tried a hand launch, but I leave that to others. Anyway, for what it worth do what you may with the design. Just having fun....

Nice build, I really like it, especially if that's your design! Great idea of using wood rods to reinforce the edges (if yours). All I have to compare to is the versa wing which was not a very good choice of first plane for my kids. I've been keeping an eye out for a easier flyer that we could move the electronics over to. Great job!

Keno

Thanks for your replay. I am not sure this be the plane you are looking for as it is very active. An excellent first plane and great plane for young ones is FT's Tiny Mini Trainer three channel version. The only advice in building is pay attention to keeping things "square" I have watch new pilots chuck the plane in the air and fly with little instruction. I have seen experienced pilots fly and enjoy it performance. Give it a try. Thanks again.

Keno

Anhedral: A couple of reasons, It looks like a duck when it is landing and It it allows for shorter landing gear to be used. Jpot1 I don't have any at this time maybe when the wind stops blowing at 20 plus and I can get some of the guys to help me out I am not good at photo taking. We'll see what we can do. have a great day all.

Keno

Working on a new version of the Scoter Plank (bottom wing) need to do more flight tests and will have a new set of plans out shortly if all works out. 10/12 Sorry, its a bottom wing version. Here is a before flight picture, what It will look like tomorrow???. I really need to higher a proof reader.

Attachments

• DSC00134.JPG
    DSC00134.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Keno

Working on a new version of the Scoter Plank (bottom wing) need to do more flight tests and will have a new set of plans out shortly if all works out. 10/12 Sorry, its a bottom wing version. Here is a before flight picture, what It will look like tomorrow???. I really need to higher a proof reader.

Here is the new bottom wing version (3). I can break this into small pages if anyone wants, just ask. There is more info on the proper CG Point
on the plans and this is probably causing the flying difficulty on these type of planes. It is not where you would expect it to be. In flight testing today I tried to fly it with the CG behind the leading edge by adding more reflex or up elevon, the more up the worse it flew. Took this out reset elevons as noted on plans and added nose weight to bring the CG forward. New airplane flew great. However I could use some more wing for lift as it land heavy. Elevons throws 1/2" up/down. 10/17/2018 In further considering this airplane can be considered a controllable "Dart" . Its nose is required to be heavier than normal than we think of in conventional aircraft. Its wings and fins provide flight stability. The wings provide horizontal lift for it to remain in flight. The elevons there provide the directional movement left, right, up and down. You have to balance all the factors for it to fly in a respectful manor.

Attachments

• ViaCAD Pro _Scoter.pdf
    238.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: