Scratch build EDF ideas?

earthsciteach

I have 70mm and 55 mm edf units that need an airplane. Since I am almost finished with my SE 5a(ish) bipe and my red-tailed hawk scratchbuilds, its time for my ADD to focus on another project! I hope :rolleyes: to build a thrust vectored jet of some sort with for the 70mm. No thoughts whatsoever to do with the 55mm.

I've searched the many sites with plans, but I want the thrust vectored jet to be an original design by me (once again, :rolleyes:). And, in direct opposition to that statement, I ask this question: does anyone have any thoughts on an airframe?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Ed's Fugly Jet made into a vectored thrust unit. Perfect for you, Perfect for Experimental Airlines Contest.

Thurmond

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Vectored Thrust-
You are a sucker for pain.
Some sort of variation of a Eurofighter/F22/F35 is probably the kind of airframe you are looking for.

I posted a link to an F22 plan (FREE) somewhere a few weeks ago...
Probably would be a good starting point. With the mid mount and huge throws on the elevons it flies very thrust-vectory...

earthsciteach

Yeah, I know-I'm going to drive myself crazy with this. I'm hoping to do a really fancy scratchbuild with compound curves and such. Toss thrust vectoring on top of that... But, I have the summer off and time to kill!

Foskje

I made myself a jet inspired from rcfoamfighter´s supernova :D

2012-05-16 20.30.46.jpg

It´s starting to be a bit "curly" because I used tape for covering...

Last edited:

earthsciteach

The flying eyeball had a 50 mm edf. It lived up to the eyeball portion of the name, but the flying portion was somewhat lacking!

earthsciteach

Bonez - check out the pics I just posted of my biplane build (that I began last November). She is coming out Beastly!