scratch build GEE BEE... It can be done well.

ALex26i

There should be a GEE BEE r1 scratch build. It would be super cool. gee_bee_r-2.jpg

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
I started out drawing up swappable plans for one of these a while ago, it's been on the back burner for a long time though. Was going to be 40" wingspan. The internal structure and curved pieces were a bit of a pain, but I've been thinking of ways to make it easier after playing with mighty minis and rounded cowls.

ALex26i

The second plans are 46"

I started out drawing up swappable plans for one of these a while ago, it's been on the back burner for a long time though. Was going to be 40" wingspan. The internal structure and curved pieces were a bit of a pain, but I've been thinking of ways to make it easier after playing with mighty minis and rounded cowls.

Don't know if you saw the listed plans on top the second set is 46" in size for the balsa plane..

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Don't know if you saw the listed plans on top the second set is 46" in size for the balsa plane..

I am very swamped at the moment with other builds that need to be completed, but I can come up with a set of starter foamboard plans very quickly. They'll follow the standard Flite Test convention. If you wanted to try and prototype what I design, we could have a nice collaborative thing going.

You scratch built any of the FT designs yet?

ALex26i

Overly detailed sometimes.

I in fact have some plans in my head. Even have the cowling figured out. And the fat tail. To be very honest, I think most people are into the r3. Which is much easier to create. And yes I have built a few of the ft models. It is always a lot more to cut out than it looks.