Scratch build Predator

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, the wind was quite variable all day and happened to be about 20kph when we flew. If I kept the power on and punched it through it probably would have flown OK. The plane has been put down and the bits recycled. The styrofoam body was too brittle really. This plane was built with recycled materials and was more of an experiment than a serious attempt. OhDamn's is just about finished and has been made of foamboard, which should be a lot tougher and fly better... We'll see.

Power setup was a kda2210s 1200kv with a 9x4.7 prop and 20A ESC.

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
i must say, it flew very well for the wind conditions! if you would have had bigger control surfaces it might have flown longer... But well done!

asoulsdream

Love that your not afraid to post even though it wasnt the best plane..... oh well its only foam, Back to the repair shop to build something else......2 thumbs up guys

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Love that your not afraid to post even though it wasnt the best plane..... oh well its only foam, Back to the repair shop to build something else......2 thumbs up guys

Thanks! I was hoping to get a circuit or two out of it, but oh well. Being my first scratchbuild, I hadn't taken any shortcuts (except the foam of course), so there were lots of spare parts in it that, after building the thing, I wanted to use for other stuff. Maidens of my P51 and Funbat coming soon!!! Hopeuflly more successful (and certainly much prettier planes).

Klonas

For 20 kph wind that flight was not bad... I mean if I would try to launch my plane it would probably roll over by just standing on the ground in such wind....