Scratch building a Simple cub

Imzzaudae

So far I have completed 2 Baby Blenders and 2 - F22s - Great little airplanes.
All hanging on my bedroom wall in ready to fly condition.
DX7 is programed for each of them.
I have been busy this flying season and have not been out flying fixed wing much, Helicopter a couple of times.
But I have found what I was looking for!

Oh ya. I'm scratch building a Simple cub.
It is so cool to be able to download a set of plans. Print the plans on light card stock.
Tape all the sheets together. Cut out the templates. Transfer the templates onto foam board.
Cut out the parts and stick together an airplane.

The shear genius of these airplanes. Really guys.
From time to time I pick up a few bits and peaces in the FT store.

I'm at the Transferring the templates to the foam board stage of the Cub.
Been cutting out some small stuff and tucking them away safe in a shoe box.
I have a ways to go but I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm sure you guys all appreciate these things don't just happen all buy themselves, Some will understand this late night labor of love when the house is quiet. I'm still thinking about flaps!

I also just printed a set of plans for an FT3D or 2. Another Cub and a couple of the 3ds will give me plenty to tinker with over the winter.

FT 3d What a cool little Sunday flyer! Looking forward to flying it!
I think flying next season will be a blast. May even get some more of the Spitfire I have printed cut out and some of it's kit prepared. I have Horizon 15 size Retracts tucked away and a few other parts for it. Servos and Electronics but I'm not in a hurry. I'd like a season flying before I put all that work into a Nice airplane. I'm rusty.

Just felt like saying hello guys. I'm out here Reading your posts, watching your flying videos and building
a few of these little wonder planes.
Ron

Imzzaudae

Did a little Measuring. And while I was at it I created fuselage doublers that go all the way up and back behind the windows.
Cut out the windows and put clear plastic windows between the doubbler and the fuselage side. Wrapped plastic mesh around the front and opened a small air flow in the fuselage bottom.
I may add a layer of 3/32 plywood. Will see if it needs the ply as the build progresses.
Yes I added a couple of grams but the look is worth the weight. Will get pictures of aircraft 2 as it will be a little nicer finish.

Aircraft is all white with Red magic marker trim.

Last edited:

Gazoo

Can't wait to see the pics. Sounds like a fun project. Are you using brown or white foam board...or another type?