Scratch Built Focke Wulf FW-190

PoorManRC

Master member
All this scuttlebutt makes me want to plaster a BIG Confederate Flag on my Wings!!!! :ROFLMAO:
@buzzbomb - Mate, if you're passing around Beers... I'll take one - or 8!!!

@Hai-Lee - Mate, I've learned to also love you Man!!! You're a wealth of knowledge, and have similar experiences with myself, and my other friends.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I wish that our experiences could have been different but then they make us what we are! Flags, Symbols and the like come and go! It is the suffering that is never ending! Let us all be free to do our own thing, our own way, as long as is does not interfere with the right of others to do the same!

As for the Flag you mentioned, to me it represents a body of men who exhibited great bravery and sacrifice. Uphold their sacrifice and bravery regardless of the reason. Bravery and self sacrifice to protect your family and homeland, are among the greatest attributes of man!

have fun!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Aaaand. The OP has an awesome plane. Notice he hasn't "liked" the political posts? I'm guessing it's because he doesn't care. He's got a freakin' awesome plane that he wants to fly and show off. I never, ever go off on a tangent or hijack a thread. ;) Back to your plane, sandman. More flight video I hope?

PoorManRC

Master member
Aaaand. The OP has an awesome plane. Notice he hasn't "liked" the political posts? I'm guessing it's because he doesn't care. He's got a freakin' awesome plane that he wants to fly and show off. I never, ever go off on a tangent or hijack a thread. ;) Back to your plane, sandman. More flight video I hope?

AMEN to that, Brother!!! Let's see more of that beautifully done Bird!!

V2 coming along. We'll see how my rounded front fuselage idea pans out. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20181115_232135.jpg
    IMG_20181115_232135.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20181115_232144.jpg
    IMG_20181115_232144.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Thanks. It's actually very similar because it has a shorter nose and the can isn't really much heavier than the posterboard slabs I made for v1. Once I add servos in the rear, it should balance well and not be much heavier. That's the plan anyway ;-)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thanks. It's actually very similar because it has a shorter nose and the can isn't really much heavier than the posterboard slabs I made for v1. Once I add servos in the rear, it should balance well and not be much heavier. That's the plan anyway ;-)
I think maybe the only thing I like better than noobs like myself trying to make stuff work, is when someone takes it to the next level, and is actually DOING it! You're that guy. Inspiration club. Thank you.

You've given me an idea. I'm not saying do it, I just want to get it written down while it's fresh: Take a cylinder of the proper diameter. Cut foamboard the necessary length. Width so that it meets as it goes around the cylinder. Remove paper from one side. Wrap the foamboard around the cylinder with the paper on the outside. Glue the edges together, add some tape for strength.

Next would be tongue depressors or something similar, glued to the inside to mount stuff to. The new cowling is tubular (dude) but the tongue depressors are flat. Some steam *might* allow one to mold the tongue depressors but I'm thinking swappable, and the pod has flat sides. A spacer made of foamboard, curved on one side, flat on the other could be scratched. Then it's just skewers.

Wow. I gotta figure out how to save that. I said you inspired me. (y):geek::)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I think maybe the only thing I like better than noobs like myself trying to make stuff work, is when someone takes it to the next level, and is actually DOING it! You're that guy. Inspiration club. Thank you.

You've given me an idea. I'm not saying do it, I just want to get it written down while it's fresh: Take a cylinder of the proper diameter. Cut foamboard the necessary length. Width so that it meets as it goes around the cylinder. Remove paper from one side. Wrap the foamboard around the cylinder with the paper on the outside. Glue the edges together, add some tape for strength.

Next would be tongue depressors or something similar, glued to the inside to mount stuff to. The new cowling is tubular (dude) but the tongue depressors are flat. Some steam *might* allow one to mold the tongue depressors but I'm thinking swappable, and the pod has flat sides. A spacer made of foamboard, curved on one side, flat on the other could be scratched. Then it's just skewers.

Wow. I gotta figure out how to save that. I said you inspired me. (y):geek::)
Your idea is in a similar vane to what I am wanting to use for my Hs132 but I will be using printed formers and a paper inside use of FB planking. Once planked I intend to sand the foam outer surface to the required shape and then seal and paint.

Have fun!

PoorManRC

Master member
P.S. I find the political discussion interesting. I can appreciate the viewpoints for sure.

I'm still new myself.... I've noticed straightaway that conversations can go off on ANY tangents!!! :p
I find it refreshing. I'm VERY Old School, I come from a World where Gentlemen existed, and we were intelligent and open minded enough to not be shaken by Taboos!

I can really relate here, and look forward to coming here!! If you're OK with it, you'll likely be engaging in all kinds of conversations here. ;)

...... And, I'm really liking V2!! (y)(y)