Scratch Built Lunar Module - LEM (1/15 Scale) - The Eagle Flies!

bmarvin2222

Using all of my skills developed while scratch building many of the FliteTest planes and my old F450 FPV Quadcopter, I created a 1/15 Scale replica of the Lunar Module flown on Apollo 11. All-up it weighs 5 pounds and eats a 4000 mah battery in 4 minutes... but it is a spectacular 4 minutes to watch. This is a short video taken from my first extended test flight. I'll be posting a longer flight with a walkthrough of some of the build, materials and techniques soon. Enjoy!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
OH HOLY COW BATMAN!!! That is absolutely AWESOME!.... You going to post plans up?

Cheers!
LitterBug

bmarvin2222

Unfortunately - No Plans

I took the dimensions from a tiny metal model I bought at a hardware store. Upscaled the plans in the computer, then had to free-hand the pixelated image... then many re-cuts to get it right. Here is that metal model I used. I will show many close-ups and under the hood in an upcoming video. Thanks for the kind remarks!

IMG_2919.JPG

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
wow the detail on that is great !!! I was always fascinated with those modules after seeing the real things happen live as a kid