Scratchwarbirds P-36

Fallegon

I feel like its been forever since I posted. Hopefully you guys didnt forget about me :p. Im not dead, but Iv also been working on too many project at the same time and havent really made much progress it seems. Anywho, heres the proto type p-36. I feel my tenth scale models need a new addition so my time is going into this.
20190513_153230.jpg
20190513_153212.jpg

Tench745

Master member
I love the look of the P-36. Round engines make for cool planes, but it's hard to argue with the looks of an Allison under the cowl. P-40.
Can't wait to see this one finished.

Fallegon

Well I finally maidened it today. Flew so much better than I thought it would. I was so worried it would be tail heavy but its just floated nicely which was good cause I had a broken elevator. I will finish the canopy and finalize the stencils next. Also this is the first model I've done with the new flight test radials.
20190729_205227.jpg

grass stain for proof.

Fallegon

I have no idea. I just lost control. All the servos reset to 1500ms and it just happened to quick for me to reset the sticks and try again. You can see the moment the servos stop responding and it just goes straight down. Has anyone else had this happen with orange receivers?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have no idea. I just lost control. All the servos reset to 1500ms and it just happened to quick for me to reset the sticks and try again. You can see the moment the servos stop responding and it just goes straight down. Has anyone else had this happen with orange receivers?
Could it have been a brown out? I don't know much about the orange receivers, or any receivers other then the AR620, which I have owned 3 in the past 4 months, (each has their own story). Needless to say I am moving over to Lemon I think. LOS was a huge issue that I did have. For reasons that may pertain to you, or may not.

Looking at your overhead aftermath pic it looks like your Rx is positioned close to the rest of the electronics. And if I looked at it right the Orange Rx you are using has an external antenna/antennas, correct? I am sure this is old news for you but to eliminate a lot of issues I had with LOS was some great suggestions I got from @Hai-Lee and a few others. And i got schooled from Hard Knocks High given the amount of planes i went through before I got this figured out. The AR620 has an internal antenna which is a selling feature in the promo vids but adds its own challenges as well. Any other Rx with antenna allows you to run the antenna wire out of the fuse to receive signal, not an option with the AR620. The only plane i could get to fly with control was a Mini Scout where i mounted the Rx entirely external to receive the commands clearly from the Tx. In solving this problem i inadvertently solved another issue which i plan for in all my builds. I also leave a section of the plane just for the Rx now, isolated in its own open hatch compartment away from any electrical interference from servos, ESC's or even metal control rods. i couldn't see the Rx in your build pics so maybe you didn't install it yet. I used to build the planes with Rx location as an after thought but now it's top priority. Communication is key. Again this is probably something you already know, if so this will be helpful to others.

All my planes now have all the control and i am confident that any issues i encounter now i can rule out the Rx as the issue. My 2 cents worth anyway. Good Luck

OliverW

Legendary member
On my foamie edge I had it brown but every control surface went to full deflection

Fallegon

I have the camera wired to the pos and neg of on open servo slot on the receiver. Wouldnt I have lost the image if it browned out? I know the footage goes blury torwards the end but thats due to the upload to youtube messing up.