Screen Name - Why? Meaning? Background?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I expect I will be trying some interesting RC builds coming up here: flying flapping dragons, dice, Spelljammer Ships and the like.

Those would be awesome - I haven't thought about Spelljammer Ships since the 80's :)

TexMechsRobot

Posted a thousand or more times
@TexMechsRobot
Yes, often. Sadly, I just don't always have the 4hrs+ to watch so I'm way behind. I'm around to the COW episode, ep. 32 or something, Critical Role is a great think to Listen/watch while building planes and I recommend it. But remember these are Professionals and your gaming experiences may vary. almost always, the fun and bonds are the same.

OMG the cows!! I laughed so hard during that episode :) I'm all caught up but I never watch them live. I paid for Alpha to get the enhanced visuals and I always watch them while building. It's prefect because I don't actually have to watch and can just listen to the story since they're all such great voice actors and story tellers.

FoamyDM said:
Critical Role is a great way to see what the game is about. If you think you might like D&D after watching, then do it.There's always a game going on near you. I like the old-school Face to Face version like they do (all in one room) however, It can be really hard to pull together enough regulars. It's one of the few ways as an adult that I've found to build bonds with people like we did in school.

I've just never felt like I had the time or gumption to really devote to something like this. I enjoy watching them but I prefer the hobbies I'm already a part of and just like experiencing their story through their broadcast game.

kacknor

Build another!
Whats wrong with Klingon? I think I still have the 6 disc set of the complete language in a box somewhere hehe. Found it at a yard sale long ago and picked it up for a few dollars. Never tried to learn it but always have the option hehe. Its a cool nerd piece to talk about at conventions and comic book / gaming stores. You would not believe the amount of people trying to talk me into selling it on the odd occasion it comes up in discussion.

Not a thing wrong with Klingon. I still have a few odd bits and badges about the place, including a letter opener sized Bat'Leth. The full sized version was sold off a few years back. ;)

JD

batleth.JPG

HilldaFlyer

I just crash a lot, all though I never realy destroy anything
I suppose that was a month ago and now you're fly-O-matic :) Too late to change it now. If I would have given myself a screen name after I flew, I would have been Built100ThingsThatDon'tFly. The engineer and builder are to blame. The Pilot, however, was perfect -NOT!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I enjoy watching them but I prefer the hobbies I'm already a part of and just like experiencing their story through their broadcast game.

I urge you to watch LARPS. You'll enjoy. Also You could always join a once a month

@RockyBoy - Nice...
started looking and I'm not sure how this is gonna fly but it sure will be fun figuring it out ;) :
sj-card-tradesman.jpg
or the Nautilus shell one. (Quad I suppose)

Last edited:

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
I wanted something that i could use in all places and i found that by spelling dog with a zero that nobody had it yet.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Absolutely arbitrary. Montiey doesn't exist on google, though. So I guess there's a benefit to making it obscure. I use this everywhere (so I take it back, if you google it you'll just find me :)).

quimney

These are great stories!

Mine comes from a Dr Seuss book that I used to read to my children at bedtime.

And_the_quimney_up_the_chimney_i_do_not_like_him_not_at_all.png

"And the quimney up the chimney I do not like him not at all"

Basically it has been a reliable username that I can always get :) It is also a pleasant reminder...

HilldaFlyer

These are great stories!

Mine comes from a Dr Seuss book that I used to read to my children at bedtime.

"And the quimney up the chimney I do not like him not at all"

Basically it has been a reliable username that I can always get :) It is also a pleasant reminder...

That's cool!

megabotz

TWO DOLLARS!
I chose megabotz because I love robots & data. Like megabytes? Later, some hack stole it.

Gigabotz didn't sound right, terabotz was a bit female & petabotz was a bit...kinky? Kilo is so 1985, mega is perfect.

megabotz

SheppO

First I went for Kittenz - because I saw it written in a pet store window with the s backwards -I thought it was funny and a completely anonymous and random thing - then my wife saw it and said it was creepy and weird- so SheppO it had to be. An old nickname from college :)

HilldaFlyer

Reviving the thread with a post to it. I think a lot of HOT threads went dead after the web interface update.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Mine is quite simple!

It is the name of one of my Daughters with a hyphen inserted to appear more Asian in origin. Her second name is Mae which equates to Model Aircraft Engineering! So that is the name I label my products with for the local market!

She seems pleased to have a business named after her! Eventually it will most likely be left to her as my legacy if she wants it!

Have fun!