Sea Duck pulls to the right

Owen!

I am 11 years old and this is my first post. I built a Sea Duck and tried to fly it today but it crashed. The left motor is stronger than the right motor. when I power it up on the ground it just spins around. Can anyone suggest how to fix it? Thanks! (Here is a photo of us trying to figure it out.)

Attachments

• seaduck2.jpg
    seaduck2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I am 11 years old and this is my first post. I built a Sea Duck and tried to fly it today but it crashed. The left motor is stronger than the right motor. Can anyone suggest how to fix it? Here are two videos. Thanks!
The videos aren't showing up for me,
Have you calibrated your ESC's yet?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
To calibrate your ESC's the first thing you want to do is remove the props. Turn on your radio and set the throttle to full. After that, with the props off, plug in your plane battery. You should hear a few beeps coming from the ESC's, after you hear the beeps pull the throttle stick back down to the bottom. That's pretty much it.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
The other thing to check is if you have the correct props on or are set up with the counter-rotation that Josh talks about in the video. I made that mistake when I first built mine; I had two props of the same type on, and one was pushing and the other was pulling when I'd throttle up, causing it to flat spin almost immediately on the runway.

mach1 rc

Master member
I am 11 years old and this is my first post. I built a Sea Duck and tried to fly it today but it crashed. The left motor is stronger than the right motor. when I power it up on the ground it just spins around. Can anyone suggest how to fix it? Thanks! (Here is a photo of us trying to figure it out.)
Welcome to the forums😄 really nice plane👍. I agree with @sprzout I would check your props and make sure there turning opposite directions.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Welcome to the forums and the hobby. I built the duck just recently and have it entered into a competition, you might like it for inspiration...