Seaduck 3D Mod

Headbang

Master member
We go to a family cabin 3 times a year and I get to fly it off the lake, so it needs to be water tight, I couldn't see that happening with the original design. Plus with the vehicle loaded up with a family of 5 having the wing come off makes loading much easier.
Water tight is important. I fly off snow 6-8mos of the yr, sometimes snow is more like slush. It gets in everywhere then melts as soon as you put the plane back in the vehicle. Light fine powder snow is the worst.

Sero

Elite member
Water tight is important. I fly off snow 6-8mos of the yr, sometimes snow is more like slush. It gets in everywhere then melts as soon as you put the plane back in the vehicle. Light fine powder snow is the worst.

Every time I flew off the lake I popped off the wing to let it air dry, it rarely had water in it but there was always a little moisture, pretty sure mostly from the battery hatch. Another nice thing with having a removable wing is easy access to the inside of the fuse and wings, helps for any repairs or electronic changes.

Professeur Tang

Yep, wanted to have a removable wing, so I heavily modded it. Been meaning to post a build thread but haven't gotten around to it.
I'm in the process of building a sea duck with removable wing too. i'll post a thread too, just haven't finished the covering yet but maidened it. Flew great though.
P_20190829_182433.jpg

Last edited:

Sero

Elite member
I'm in the process of building a sea duck with removable wing too. i'll post a thread too, just haven't finished the covering yet but maidened it. Flew great though. View attachment 141550

Looks great! Added benefit to your removable wings is that spar will help out, of the 2 Ducks I've made I've always added an Aluminum or wood spar. Saw a lot of sagging wings, mostly from the planes that saw water.

Are you using a filler to smooth out the surface? Whats the weight at?

Sorry Headbang, just realized your thread is veering away from you project again. Where are you at with it?