Seaduck 3D Mod

Sero

Elite member
On my stock seaduck static test with emax 2215 stock c pack motors I am pulling 44amps on 4s using 9x4.5 apc props.

Thats interesting, not sure why there would be such an big difference. My duck weights 4.4 lbs with battery and has seen alot of use this summer with no problems and both motor and ESC running at normal temps. Ambient air wasn't hot but I'm also at Sea level so the air is thick when I ran the tests.

Headbang

Master member
Ready to maiden the HB Seaduck X1
20190902_123826.jpg

Headbang

Master member
Maiden flight went awesome! This design is a keeper! Now on to refining plans and building another!

Second flight I really gave it a work out, Third I gave it too much of a work out. Stupid thumbs!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Maiden flight went awesome! This design is a keeper! Now on to refining plans and building another!

Second flight I really gave it a work out, Third I gave it too much of a work out. Stupid thumbs!
That is... was one serious duck. We seem to end our vids the same way lol. Looks like a performer though. I am sure you are already cutting a new one

Sero

Elite member
Nice flying bird, sucks that it ended so soon.
Happened to me recently, built a Racer with a ton of mods and only got 6 packs through it before I lawn darted it. Building a new one now.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Nice flying bird, sucks that it ended so soon.
Happened to me recently, built a Racer with a ton of mods and only got 6 packs through it before I lawn darted it. Building a new one now.
Hey @Sero what is the plane as ur avatar, a single boom Sea Duck?

Sero

Elite member
Its cool. How does it fly?

It fly's great. Tracks a little better than the original as I moved the tail a bit further away. Its heavy at 3.9lbs so its not as floaty, but I put flaps on it so it slows down well too.
IMG_20190426_145953.jpg

Sero

Elite member
Would love plans/build thread for this. Biggest hassle with the sea duck was and is transport...

Sorry, no plans for it. I take the original plans and modify them as I go.

I'll perhaps start a thread for it soon, I don't want to distract from the OP thread.

Headbang

Master member
Yep, wanted to have a removable wing, so I heavily modded it. Been meaning to post a build thread but haven't gotten around to it.
Stock size duck fits in my jeep perfectly. I have notes on making removable out wings that I will need when I start scaling up. Really want to do a 90ish inch version that still fits in my jeep. I was thinking of getting some carbon fiber wing tubes and sleeves, have some ply ribs. For a smaller version I would do a couple ply ribs and a basswood spar that slotted in. Then just a couple of thumb screws on the bottom to hold em.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Sorry, no plans for it. I take the original plans and modify them as I go.

I'll perhaps start a thread for it soon, I don't want to distract from the OP thread.
Wicked man i will keep an eye out for the thread. Thx for the info

Sero

Elite member
Stock size duck fits in my jeep perfectly. I have notes on making removable out wings that I will need when I start scaling up. Really want to do a 90ish inch version that still fits in my jeep. I was thinking of getting some carbon fiber wing tubes and sleeves, have some ply ribs. For a smaller version I would do a couple ply ribs and a basswood spar that slotted in. Then just a couple of thumb screws on the bottom to hold em.
We go to a family cabin 3 times a year and I get to fly it off the lake, so it needs to be water tight, I couldn't see that happening with the original design. Plus with the vehicle loaded up with a family of 5 having the wing come off makes loading much easier.