Seeking ideas of fun things to drop on people from RC planes

earthsciteach

Cool. I'll look into it. I do have knobs and switched on my tx to play with!

Sandblaster-I doubt flour can be colored, but powdered Kool Aide would make a pretty cloud.

earthsciteach

Grapes would make a healthier/messier alternative to candy!

The options seem endless! I could definitely drop party streamers from the wings. That would be pretty cool, especially in the school colors.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Since you are using a tp tube, the larger reflective mylar confetti would be great in the school colors. You could pack quite a bit in a tp tube.

It would fall slow and catch the sun, look awesome!

They would get a real kick out of it!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Hahahahahaha- know your target.
I have people in my club that I drop stuff on, on purpose.
I wouldn't think of it with a flyer that I don't know.
Whatever you do Teach- Watch the plane, not the bombs.
Hitting somebody with a plane is worse than hitting them with a grape or a nerf dart or a flower bomb.
It is harder than you think to follow the plane instead of the bomb :)

teflyer

Full Circle
Paper Confetti sounds good. It is light, does not harm people (usually), does not get carried away by the wind, and is biodegradable.

Also, any of you remember the early videos of RC powers with the bomb drop from the F-117 where Dave follows the bomb instead of the plane and almost runs the plane into Keith, his flying partner. Perfect Example of a reason not to follow the bomb. :)

Last edited:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Paper Confetti sounds good. It is light, does not harm people (usually), does not get carried away by the wind, and is biodegradable.

Also, any of you remember the early videos of RC powers with the bomb drop from the F-117 where Dave follows the bomb instead of the plane and also runs the plane into Keith, his flying partner. Perfect Example of a reason not to follow the bomb. :)
Yup- saw that one and watched a friend drop several big four bombs from his plane and him almost crash from following the bomb. Still a hard lesson to learn :)

earthsciteach

I just had a good laugh at your suggestion! I can't wait to walk into the wood shop on Monday and ask the teacher to use the band saw to cut TP into thirds! He always eyes me warily when I come in, as it is!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Glad to hear your school still has a wood shop. They are getting rid of some of those classes up here.

earthsciteach

We have one hell of a shop! Except for a lathe and CNC machine, it rivals any high school shop. Sadly, along with many other programs, it is on the chopping block due to the criminal cuts our new governor has made to public education and state universities. Makes me sick.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
The way our economy is going and we outsource everything, we could sure use more skilled labor, millwrights, machinists etc. Much more than we need more rappers and internet millionaires.

teflyer

Full Circle
Agreed. Nowadays, it is easier to sit down and watch music videos and play video games than to actually go out and build something, like a plane, to entertain oneself. Sorry, off topic.
Earthsciteach, it must be nice to have a woodshop. All those tools and glues that can be used to build or repair planes! :D ...and of course, you can also build other stuff from wood too.:D

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
My school had a wood workshop. Only one in the province! So, I got to "scratchbuild" a guitar when I was 7 years old. BTT: have you gotten the servo mounted yet?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Ok, since my name was dropped like the proverbial grape from a super cub... I will come on the record and denounce the dropping of shopping carts from rc planes on the heads of anyone. Do not do this, sure it seems like a grand idea on paper, but paper can cut you, and lemon juice will hurt in paper cuts!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I can't believe you put lemons in the shopping cart. You never EVER drop a loaded shopping cart. A single lemon will throw off the CG and make it totally uncontrollable. Sheer madness I tell you.

earthsciteach

I should probably clarify that FlyingMonkey did NOT encourage me to drop anything. His alter-ego, Fred Provost did. You can't blame FlyingMonkey for any damage that may be caused of the dropping of shopping carts from RC airplanes flown by teenagers.

UndCon

UndCon
There is a guy here who flies an big RC Cub - with a box mounted on the side that usually holds a load of candy...popular amongst the kids ;)

//UndCon