Seeking ideas of fun things to drop on people from RC planes

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I was talking to my brother and his club has an egg drop. The tape a cup onto the wing of their planes (they all fly 3D planes so no drop boxes) and put an egg in it. Then the fly it over the field and dip the wing over the target to drop the egg. They also have to be very careful on the way there not to drop the egg on take off etc. Sounds like a fun challenge.

teflyer

Full Circle
That would look cool. A flying shopping cart :D. I wonder how you would design one out of foam so that it can fly...:)

earthsciteach

Other than the weight, I think a shopping cart would make a perfectly reasonable aircraft. And, with that fold up back, its pretty much like a C-130. Imaging the cargo you could drop!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Warning. Dropping stuff from airplanes is addicting. Once you get started you tell yourself you can stop anytime and that it's not something that you need to...

earthsciteach

Ok, so here's what I'm taking to school with me tomorrow:
For wings-24 Nerf darts, flour bombs (flour wrapped in tissue)
For tube - glitter, flour, bread crumbs, macaroni pasta, shredded cheese.

I'm still digging through the pantry for ideas. I'm going to get a bunch of saw dust from the wood shop, too.

I'm am already cracking up! Poor bastard. Coaching is going to be a b*tch tomorrow!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Hahahaha- the tube with flour in it could be fun!
One of my friends here makes flour bombs out of soda bottles, he cracked one on takeoff and it looked like the big electric was doing a smoke trail!

Rice could be fun in the tube too!

You gotta get some video!

earthsciteach

Oh, yeah! Rice is a great idea!

The Cub will have a camera mounted on it. Also, I am going to borrow the school's HD video recorder. We also have coverage by the yearbook staff. It should be well documented. I'll edit and post up tomorrow!

Fishbonez

Ha ha this outta be awesome Teach. Good Luck and I am looking forward to readin/seeing it all go down

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Oh, yeah! Rice is a great idea!

The Cub will have a camera mounted on it. Also, I am going to borrow the school's HD video recorder. We also have coverage by the yearbook staff. It should be well documented. I'll edit and post up tomorrow!

Teach- you are a troublemaker. I think I'd like to fly with you sometime

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
It's RC law. If there's more than one plane available, whenever one goes down or into a tree, all the rest must do circles around the scene and point and laugh.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I'll clear the trees for ya, Ninja!

Hahahahaha- You could have cleared this one with one of those Buck knives you Pennsylvanian's seem so fond of ;)

If there aren't trees we seem to find cars, sprinklers or other planes.

First rule of or club (almost the only one) is if you are gonna crash get it on video!

Rcflyinguy2

I have made a lot of videos on my Bomb bay door on my super cub, I have dropped eggs,flour bombs, metal cars, the best one is those Easter eggs that you do for scavenger hunts, crack them open, fill them with flour, drop them and they can create a mess and still not hurt any one. I have a video on them
Check it out on YouTube "rcflyinguy2" channel

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I am late. PAINT BALLS!

As far as a flying shopping cart goes. Sounds like a job for Team Abby Normal.

Thurmond