SEFF 2018

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Carl (Wilmracer) and I will be traveling to SEFF this year. Who else will be attending. We would hate to miss out on seeing other members of the FT family.

I'll be bringing the Bugatti and ,if completed, the Corsair. The Cuda will come along as my fun airplane for regular shenanigans and night flying.

Pretty sure Carl will be bringing the P-40 and a new acquisition that I'll let him chime in on.

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Like Joshua said. WE"RE GOING TO SEFF!

Obviously we're FT guys and LOVE Flite Fest. I haven't missed one yet and don't plan to any time soon. BUT...

SEFF has been on my bucket list for a long time. Watching Mack Hodges fly that giant B-29 on YouTube (now destroyed) was inspiring, and there are SEVERAL scratch builders that I follow (Ok... idolize :eek:) who always attend. So a few weeks ago my wife was looking at our schedule and mentioned that she'd like me out of the house around this particular weekend while her folks visit. Our place isn't that big and it gets a bit crowded with everyone visiting. So I talked to Joshua and another buddy and a plan was hatched. We're going to SEFF. Our other buddy has another big RC adventure planned this year so he won't be able to join us on this one.

So yes... The big P-40 is ready to go minus a bit of wiring cleanup and soldering up connectors on a new battery. One of the 5s 8000 packs has a dead/dying cell and I don't trust it, so it will be replaced.

Since my scratch-building time is at a minimum right now I wanted a big, solid, fun electric flyer for SEFF. I picked up the new Hangar 9 P-47D. So far it is a well designed and nice looking ARF and I hope to have it all assembled and ready to go in another 2 weeks or so. If there is interest I can post pictures but for the most part all the real building has been done for me :)

We'll be bringing along some other stuff too. They have a pod there so the Sea Duck will be making the trip. We'll probably bring some other stuff we can beat on too.

Can't wait and would love to catch up with others from the FT community if you're down there!

bitogre

I plan on attending SEFF as well. I missed SEFF last year to attend Joe Nall and regret that decision. Looking forward to SEFF and spending times with FT Friends.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'm green with envy guys! Wish I could join you on this, but one RC solo vacation per year is all I can pull at this time, and it's FF Ohio for me.

I am going to get up to the AMA East expo for a day trip on Sunday this weekend if anyone wants to meet up there or carpool. Will be leaving the DC area early and getting back late, but should be fun.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
she'd like me out of the house around this particular weekend while her folks visit. Our place isn't that big and it gets a bit crowded with everyone visiting.

I wish this would happen to me! I should have bought a smaller house :black_eyed:! See you at FF Ohio!

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Carl and I will both be taking lots of photos and video. For sure there will be content covered ad nauseum. We are both SUPER stoked to be going.