Selling My Quads, Going DJI

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hey guys. Well this is big news. I have decided to sell all my quadcopters in favor of going DJI.

I was flying my mini quadcopter the other day and after breaking $500 in props I asked myself 'how do I acro mode,' and I honestly could not answer the question. So I've made the decision to invest in a DJI Phantom 4. The new sport mode will allow me to compete in races like I've always wanted too. I figure the sense and avoid technology will help me pass through gates with ease. I know some of you will be upset because phantoms are a little unfair in the racing world, but I figured I needed the help.

Besides, I clearly know nothing about the DIY aspect of this hobby. Like what does 5x4x3 HQs on 2204s with 20a ESCs and F3 connected to XT60 4s 60C even mean? The one time I tried multiwii I couldn't even get my wii mote to connect. Someone suggested I try using a 3D printer to help with my builds, but I must have been using the wrong glasses because my printer still looked 2D. Its just so frustrating when nothing works.

I am looking forward to this transition. I hope you can all understand.

April Fools!

Last edited:

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Ouch... You're going to DJI... I've registered with the FAA... Flite Test acquired Boeing... what is happening?!?

Darkback2

I'll give you $20 for everything including shipping. Also could you throw in the phantom 4 when you get bored with it?

DB

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I was thinking of doing the same, but with all this FAA related nonsense, I'm just going to toss all my RC gear into a pile, light the lipos on fire by shorting them, and move to Canada... to fly with André and his crew. Oh wait, that means I shouldn't light a bonfire afterall...

https://www.esurance.com/election-insurance

Drops mic (GMail "new" feature that was pulled)

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
This is just a _very_ temporary phase. Tomorrow everything will look a lot better. I'm sure of it.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
This is just a _very_ temporary phase. Tomorrow everything will look a lot better. I'm sure of it.

We'll see. I'm ready to ship all this stuff to MototechRyan for a hefty $21, but I will give it one more day. Maybe my skills will magically improve over night.

Crazy Goats

Hmm... what quads do you have? Id go $22 if you have good ones;)

Nothing against your buying one, but its amazing how many DJI crashes have made it into the news. Over 20 in 2015 (over half of all the major news breaking crashes).Its ridiculous the brainless things some people will do with a quad.The hobby is being ruined by it too.:mad:

I'm really sorry about your luck with quads, I hope you have fun in the future.

Unless this is an April fools joke.:D If it is, forget everything I said.:cool:

Last edited:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Well, going through my stuff to see what to send to the curb, I came across some old footage. It turns out I actually do know what I'm doing, who knew.

In all seriousness, yes, happy April Fools day. I am grateful for all the knowledge and conversation that this forum and hobby have provided me. I would never quit the DIY aspect of this hobby, it's just how I roll. The video is actually some old footage from the summer that I never made into an edit. It's a short one, but enjoy!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I was thinking Snarls thoughts after changing to a phantom would be about the equivalent to a sailor waking up broke sore and sticky in a foreign country with a hang over going.. "What the !^@$% did I do last night"

I didn't fall for it but only because a friend of mine told me she was pregnant while we were having breakfast out on a shopping trip. She managed to get me on that but that killed anyone else's attempts the rest of the day because I believed NO ONE.