Senior telemaster Re-Build

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Agh. My heat gun just died.

They don't seem to live very long, same with covering irons and trim irons. I try and pick up a spare or two when I go to swap meets, you can often find them for $10 or less. I'm down to my last heat gun now, but have two irons and trim irons. :)

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Are you heating the covering before pulling it off? That often helps. If the covering comes off but leaves the pigment you can sometimes lay a piece of clear packing tape over the pigment, press it down, and then heat it a little. That will sometimes pick the pigment up - it's hit-or-miss. Sometimes I just get stuck with a pin or knife picking at it to lift an edge enough to pull some more off.

OliverW

Legendary member
Are you heating the covering before pulling it off? That often helps. If the covering comes off but leaves the pigment you can sometimes lay a piece of clear packing tape over the pigment, press it down, and then heat it a little. That will sometimes pick the pigment up - it's hit-or-miss. Sometimes I just get stuck with a pin or knife picking at it to lift an edge enough to pull some more off.
I have been using the heat gun on it and the wing has been kind of easy but the fuse has so many blue chunks on it I can't get off..

OliverW

Legendary member
My mom hates this thing lol
20190914_190049.jpg

Samh

Elite member
it looks great. U need to work on it and get it done. The eagle is getting closer everyday, and the telemaster is going very slowly. you got to catch up to me

OliverW

Legendary member
it looks great. U need to work on it and get it done. The eagle is getting closer everyday, and the telemaster is going very slowly. you got to catch up to me
I have not had much time to work on it with school and all.