Senior telemaster Re-Build

OliverW

Legendary member
Maybe that is referencing a .90 4-stroke. 15cc is pretty stout for a Senior Telemaster, but should work fine as long as you can slow it down enough to land! :eek:
Probably lol. I'm putting flaperons on it in hope of being able to actually slow down. I made another servo tray today so I could run dual servos for the ailerons. I'm hoping to get it done for a maiden next week.

Samh

Elite member
Probably lol. I'm putting flaperons on it in hope of being able to actually slow down. I made another servo tray today so I could run dual servos for the ailerons. I'm hoping to get it done for a maiden next week.
Maiden next week??? Damn. I got to get my Ugly Stick done then

Chuppster

Huh. I was reading that a .90 is perfect for it... guess not lol. I'll probably give my Evo 15cc a try anyways. I don't plan on doing aerobatics, just touch and go's and lazy circuits

DON'T DO IT! This thing is made for a .40. I had a Super Tigre .75, went in for a low pass and the top wing decided to rip the top of the cabin off. the 15cc is WAAAAY too heavy for this bird.

OliverW

Legendary member
DON'T DO IT! This thing is made for a .40. I had a Super Tigre .75, went in for a low pass and the top wing decided to rip the top of the cabin off. the 15cc is WAAAAY too heavy for this bird.
Weird.. I've read of people using much more power in one before. I guess I'll just reinforce the cabin area

Turbojoe

Elite member

Are you sure you're not thinking the Telemaster 40? Way back in the early 80's I had a very strong O.S. 40 with a Mac's pipe on my Telemaster 40. It was fast as hell for a "trainer" when I wanted. Only problem I had was I usually had to land dead stick or it would float to the next county if at idle even with the flaps down. I haven't had a TM Senior though. Maybe it has a weakness somewhere? :unsure:

My present TM 40 will be electric if I ever get around to covering it. I swore off slimers a LONG time ago. More power and less mess and smell when electric......

Joe

OliverW

Legendary member
Are you sure you're not thinking the Telemaster 40? Way back in the early 80's I had a very strong O.S. 40 with a Mac's pipe on my Telemaster 40. It was fast as hell for a "trainer" when I wanted. Only problem I had was I usually had to land dead stick or it would float to the next county if at idle even with the flaps down. I haven't had a TM Senior though. Maybe it has a weakness somewhere? :unsure:

My present TM 40 will be electric if I ever get around to covering it. I swore off slimers a LONG time ago. More power and less mess and smell when electric......

Joe
I'm thinking it was the 40 as well, or the support beams that go across the inside of the cabin were not installed

Chuppster

Joe

Nope, it was the Senior. Check out the recommended engines on the SIG site.

https://sigmfg.com/products/kadet-senior-kit

Chuppster

Joe

"Slimers"? Yeah they are messy, but you gotta admit, glow fuel smells soooooo good....

Turbojoe

Elite member
I love the smell of the exhaust on a freshly started glow plane 😁

I have run across Dubro packages in my parts storage containers that are well over 20 years old and still have the distinct scent of glow fuel. I have to admit it brings back lots of good memories. The bad ones were the cleanup and the cost of fuel. The smell and the noise can be intoxicating though..... I've had a few random thoughts of scratch building another lightweight all balsa Eaglet 50 and possibly hanging a nice .15 glow motor on it just for old times sake. If I ever do go bat crap crazy and do it there won't be any more. I'm hooked on electric for good.

Joe