servo center problem - Baby Blender

sfiron

Hi

I have a repeating problem installing ailerons servo - the servo is off center. I had the same problem building the Bloody Baron, now on the Baby Blender. The ailerons servo(one servo operates both ailerons - Emax ES08A from flite test store) is off center. I can use trimming to center, it but a lot of adjustment is needed, which really doesn't relief the miss match balance on the push-rods. see picture...

Any ideas someone?

IMG_5345.JPG

Last edited:

jamboree1

If i'm reading it right, take out the screw holding the servo arm down, lift off the arm and reposition it to center

ofiesens2

Professional noob
I know what you mean, that always happens. When those servos are centered, the teeth are offline. I have a DX7s, so I just use 30% of subtrim under the servo setup menu, and that fixes it.

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
I know what you mean, that always happens. When those servos are centered, the teeth are offline. I have a DX7s, so I just use 30% of subtrim under the servo setup menu, and that fixes it.

Yup, I have this problem all the time with cheap servos. The more expensive ones generally line up perfectly. It's usually only noticeable on planes that use a single servo in the middle for ailerons. I use subtrim as well, and if you end up not having enough throw after doing so, and you want to use cheap servos, switch to two servos and call it good.

ofiesens2

Professional noob
Just FYI, looking at your picture, it looks like you will have a lot of throw on the ailerons. Flite test recommends that you use the control horn in the X pattern. It has 2 holes on each side, and you only need to use the second hole.

sfiron

Single servo airelrons off center

Just FYI, looking at your picture, it looks like you will have a lot of throw on the ailerons. Flite test recommends that you use the control horn in the X pattern. It has 2 holes on each side, and you only need to use the second hole.

Thanks - I used sub trim myself. I was hoping there was some hidden relief button somewhere you can adjust the main servo shaft. It's true I only noticed it with a single servo ailerons setup. Using the sub trim(also has a DX7 by the way) works but causes a bit of jiggle and hum I don't like, when you fire things up.

Jugsy

I'm fairly sure you can remove the arm and re-position it, is there a screw in the middle?

kacknor

Build another!
I've had this on builds before. It looks like a lot, but the control arm is only one half gear off. Repositioning the arm reverses the result. Use sub trim. There will plenty of throw.

JD

sfiron

Reposition servo

I'm fairly sure you can remove the arm and re-position it, is there a screw in the middle?

There is a screw but the plastic white arm can only be position in a specific placement where the servo rod groove allows. As another responded mention it's on groove off center. Not to but it annoys me...:). With sub trim you can center it but while the system connects there is a bit of power strangle going on which I would have liked to avoid. No big deal.

Gryf

I have the same issue with three planes... Baby Blender, Bloody Baron, and my ailerons-added Flyer. And yeah, it's like the servo spline is off by half a tooth. As suggested above, I just adjust it out with the trims and forget about it.

Gryf