Solved Servo issues with Power pack CV2

Rasmubur000

I recently decided to buy my first plane as the ft explorer with the power pack CV2. It flies fine in 3ch mode, however when I put the 4ch wing on, the servos freak out when I use three at a time. On my transmitter, it shows the receiver voltage drop from the 5 volts to below 2.

After going back to try to troubleshoot, the 35A ESC in the power pack only provides 3 amps to the receiver! Clearly this isn't enough for 4 9gram servos?

Edit:
The solution was to buy a servo glitch buster.

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I recently decided to buy my first plane as the ft explorer with the power pack CV2. It flies fine in 3ch mode, however when I put the 4ch wing on, the servos freak out when I use three at a time. On my transmitter, it shows the receiver voltage drop from the 5 volts to below 2.

After going back to try to troubleshoot, the 35A ESC in the power pack only provides 3 amps to the receiver! Clearly this isn't enough for 4 9gram servos?
The stall current on a standard 9 gram servo is only in the vicinity of half an amp, so 4 servos all stalled would give only 2 Amps. I recently had a similar issue and it turned out that I had a short in one of the servo leads. The reason that it didn't drop the volts to zero was the long extension leads I was using. I disassembled the servo and repaired the wire connections. After reassembly the whole system performed as normal!

I would check the current draw and try removing one of the wing servos from the Rx and see if it recovers. If it doesn't then unplug the second and recheck! From my exterience it appears something is shorting somewhere but far enough away to not drag the rail to zero as you would expect!

Have fun!