Servo Options / Shipping Time

Mode 1

Hi All,

I'm looking for a little help. Can anyone recommend a source for decent 5G servos that may not include waiting over a week from them to arrive? I order as much as I can through the FT store but the shipping times don't always jive with my flying plans. Maybe Amazon Prime has spoiled me but i'd simply like to fly a new plane next week without having to spend more on shipping than the cost of the 4 servos.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

~Dave

w1lp33

Cheap out and buy 10 9g Sg90 servos for $18 on amazon, 2 day shipping :) that's what I do anyways... I'm both cheap and impatient.

Mode 1

Cheap out and buy 10 9g Sg90 servos for $18 on amazon, 2 day shipping :) that's what I do anyways... I'm both cheap and impatient.

W - thanks for the reply. For the price and fairly positive reviews, I bought a pack. These are going into our mini-scouts which are our goofing around park flyers. Probably the perfect planes to test these in.

w1lp33

I've bought like 3 sets in the past... Ive had maybe one or two duds in them, but for the most part they work just fine. And you don't get much cheaper :)

Mode 1

I've bought like 3 sets in the past... Ive had maybe one or two duds in them, but for the most part they work just fine. And you don't get much cheaper :)

Looks like you may be a Qx7 user.. I just bought one a few weeks ago only cuz I no longer wanted to be "like all the other kids." Opentx does have a steep learning curve, and I wish they had a simple model wizard when setting up a new plane... but, I'm happy to be part of the frysky tribe.

w1lp33

Yep, qx7 user. Cheap and powerful.

If you update opentx to 2.2, they do now have a (somewhat) simplified model wizard.

It is definitely steep to learn, but what's great is you can basically do anything and everything with it once you get the hang of it.

Mode 1

Yep, qx7 user. Cheap and powerful.

If you update opentx to 2.2, they do now have a (somewhat) simplified model wizard.

It is definitely steep to learn, but what's great is you can basically do anything and everything with it once you get the hang of it.

Yea. The more I learn the more I understand how great this radio is. Painless360 (youtuber) has a large amount of very well done frysky / opentx educational content on his channel. I've learned a ton from that.

w1lp33

Yeah, and also project blue falcon I believe it's called has a ton of info as well.

Not to mention its fairly easy to make a wireless buddy box system for the taranis as well, and a multiprotocol module is a great addition as well.

Mode 1

Yeah, and also project blue falcon I believe it's called has a ton of info as well.

Not to mention its fairly easy to make a wireless buddy box system for the taranis as well, and a multiprotocol module is a great addition as well.

I didn't know there was a wireless BB system. Gonna have to check into that as i'm getting my son a Qx7 as well. Do you recommend a certain Multiprotocol module?

Yes. Totally agree. Blue Falcon has great info as well!

w1lp33

I have a jumper multiprotocol module, but the irangex one is supposed to be good as well.

Basically the buddy box involves taking a small receiver and wiring it up... There's articles on here about making one, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Aloft hobbies also sells like a kit I think for the buddy box:

https://alofthobbies.com/linker.html

AndrewLIK

I also ordered my TF100 test kit off of Amazon yesterday. It should be arriving in about 5 days. I have an epacket tracker so I usually check where my packages are. We just got our pool done, so I'm still a little confused about how this kit works. I'll watch some videos on youtube and maybe I will figure it out myself. Anyways, about Amazon shipping, I think there are better alternatives for it cause this shipping could be way faster than that lol.

Last edited: