servo problem, maxing out and not responding

lock

am using a Turnigy TGY-i6 Transmitter with a Turnigy iA6 Receiver. Attached are 3 turnigy TG9e servos.

The issue I have is that seemingly randomly the servos they move to maximum reach and lock out. Only way to reset is removing the battery from the receiver.

Is this a fixable problem?

quorneng

Master member
"Seemingly at random" suggests that it does work some of the time or does it always do it as soon as you connect the receiver?

If it always does it then most likely something is connect up wrong.
If it does work but sometimes goes wrong then it is a true 'fault' and is likely to be rather harder to identify.

lock

Thanks all for the help, Think I have figured it. I believe I have an under powered BEC. 1amp for 3 9g servos. when the ESC over heats then the servos haywire. With just one servo attached its fine, but two make it happen quickly, and 3 servos attached it can happen almost instantly.

This is indoor results, 25 degrees Celsius maybe for room temperature. Outside it is about 7 degrees Celsius and does not over heat.
I have ordered some new ESC with a 4amp BEC for over kill.

quorneng

Master member
lock
1 amp for 3x9g servos is indeed likely to be the problem although I doubt it is the BEC overheating but more likely the voltage sagging and upsetting the receiver.
A 9g servo can take quite a bit of current particularly if they are having to overcome any friction.

I run 3 micro (3.7g) servos with a 1 amp BEC with no problem at all but I do make sure everything is very free moving.

I suppose the other way at looking at it is do you really need 9g servos in your plane?