Sesquiplane Fighter, Nieuport 31

leaded50

Legendary member
the two servos for tail surfaces are mounted in lower part of fuselage under the cockpit area with a "hatch" lightly glued in place.
1.2mm pushrods used that needed no extra support.
Yes, servoinstall could been done before glued on the skin, i must confess :sneaky:i was unshure where to place them, before the build was rather complete, and a CG check could be done.

DSC_1107 (1).JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
strated with the paint. When dry, last "detailing" will be done. Whats missing is shadowing, to get some resemblance to be canvas covered wing and elevator.

DSC_1108b.png
DSC_1109b.png
DSC_1110b.png

it got a 2212 1450kv ZTW motor, and a 10 x 45" prop. perhaps a bit overpowered, time will show ;)

leaded50

Legendary member
No, its not fully true to the original. Eg does original have a midsection of wing seemed to be a standalone part.(detachable wings?? )
But by doing that, i will loose the strength of wing. It needed be buildt othwerwise with eg two cf tubes, and connectors then. Here i will "make that shape" resemblanced by shadowed airbrush use.

Roundels perhaps should been bigger , as seems is more original of the time (original plane dont have them in pictures though) but the stickers easy to make now, wasnt bigger .

Front cowl i made in "alusilver" paint, orginally seems be painted same color as rest of fuselage. The alusilver cowl looks better :sneaky:.

its a discussion on the tail colors around too... some says blue was "always" first of the Tri-color pattern.... but found pictures/info showed otherwise. I made it like is done :)

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
a 2200mAh battery can be inserted into the cockpit forward. here you can se battery in place inside
DSC_1118.JPG
, and to right side, a 4ch mini reciver, compatible with Flysky.

leaded50

Legendary member
Here is the 3D print file for the pilot used:

Attachments

• Bust_Pilot_Hat_Goggles_v5.gcode
    8.1 MB · Views: 0

Scotto

Elite member
Wow! Another masterpiece. I love it. You are like the Bob Ross of model airplanes. I look and see a nice background started, I go make a sandwich and come back yove got another masterpiece. And you are also saying "you can do this too. Heres how."
No mistakes just happy accidents.:) Thanks for sharing with us!

leaded50

Legendary member
Wow! Another masterpiece. I love it. You are like the Bob Ross of model airplanes. I look and see a nice background started, I go make a sandwich and come back yove got another masterpiece. And you are also saying "you can do this too. Heres how."
No mistakes just happy accidents.:) Thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks!
- you know... anything can be made, its the way to get there who is the work ;). Creativity, finding solutions on how, and dont be afraid if it get wrong, is the way.

Last edited: