setting up flaps

hay guys loving my simple cub thought it would be cool to put flaps on it trying to figure out the dxe with the app has any one dun this ? any help would be appreciated.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
hay guys loving my simple cub thought it would be cool to put flaps on it trying to figure out the dxe with the app has any one dun this ? any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forums my friend. You have the same transmitter I have and you want to set up flaps. It's pretty easy actually, except I use the laptop and not the phone app, should be similar though.

You plug the y connector from the flaps into channel 5 of the receiver, then on the app you go into channel set up. Scroll down to channel 5 graph and underneath it should give you a drop down window to select a switch, if disengaged it should say "inhibit". Tap on it to get the drop screen which will give you a list of switches to select, choose "flaps switch". This will give you the flaps control on your transmitter and give you 3 settings for flaps, closed, half and full. Hope this helps

Welcome to the forums my friend. You have the same transmitter I have and you want to set up flaps. It's pretty easy actually, except I use the laptop and not the phone app, should be similar though.

You plug the y connector from the flaps into channel 5 of the receiver, then on the app you go into channel set up. Scroll down to channel 5 graph and underneath it should give you a drop down window to select a switch, if disengaged it should say "inhibit". Tap on it to get the drop screen which will give you a list of switches to select, choose "flaps switch". This will give you the flaps control on your transmitter and give you 3 settings for flaps, closed, half and full. Hope this helps
Thanks man im going to try that tonight what did you use this on ? Did you need to adjust anything els when you drop the flaps ?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Thanks man im going to try that tonight what did you use this on ? Did you need to adjust anything els when you drop the flaps ?
If there is subtrim on the app then there might be a little adjustment there just when they are closed, only to make sure they are both closed all the way, once open there really isn't much you can do. The DXe Is a budget model so the options are limited

Bricks

Master member
Be prepared as the flaps are initiated the plane will want to balloon up. With a better transmitter one wouuld set up a mix so when flaps came down elevator would go down a bit.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Be prepared as the flaps are initiated the plane will want to balloon up. With a better transmitter one wouuld set up a mix so when flaps came down elevator would go down a bit.
You can adjust the throw of the flaps in channel set up so if after flying it you find it goes south on you, adjusting them back is easy enough in the programming