Help! Setting up Mix on Fly Sky FS-T6 and loosing my mind

Oldbrass

Hello all. I'm a newb at this and going crazy trying to set up differential thrust on a Fly Sky FS-T6. I've looked through the forums and found a post or two but the outputs are all wrong when I plug them in. Can someone please help me walk through this mess?

I'm setting up a Flite Test P-38 and it's almost RTG.

Thanks!

Oldbrass

Ok... have it half figured out....

this is what I did as per MakerHand on YouTube:

Mix 1:
ON
Master CH3
Slave CH6
Pos 100%
Neg 100%
Offset 0%

Mix 2:
ON
Master CH4
Slave CH6
Pos 100%
Neg 100%
Offset 0%

Mix 3:
ON
Master CH4
Slave CH3
Pos -100%
Neg -100%
Offset 0%

It works... sorta. I have way more power on one motor than the other and even with the trim pushed all the way over, I can't quite match the RPM's on the fast motor. Since I just plugged in all these settings, I don't understand how to alter them to correct my problem. Can someone please help me? I rally don't want to have to trial-and-error this.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Oldbrass

Did you calibrate the ESC`s both at the same time?
I'll be honest here. I'm not sure how to do that. I bound the receiver to the transmitter and I plugged the ESC's in. Could you please explain how I need to calibrate them?

Ok. A whole bunch of YouTube Institute later, I got it. You were absolutely correct. The video I found also has me removing the positive wire on one ESC for some reason, so I did that as well as calibration. All is now right and I should be ready for differential, counter-rotating prop goodness WITH accurate power inputs! Woohoo!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
You need to take that extra wire out, it’s the 5v one, you end up putting a mess of different voltages through the motor control instead of a clean throttle signal.
Glad you got it sorted.