elittle

Hello! I am building my first ever racing drone with a PWM setup but I am having a few issues that I cannot figure out so I was hoping to get some help.

I have a SPRacingF3 Flight Controller connected to a FS-IA6 RX going to an FS-I6 TX. I know that everything is set up correctly because the chip is flashed, the PWM TX is transmitting information to the RX which I can see in cleanflight and all of the motors work in the right order and direction in cleanflight. I even set up an arming switch on AUX 3. My problem is that as soon as I disconect the flight controller from the computer ill turn on my Drone and my TX but the motors will not spin. I was wondering if there is a trick or a specific setting that I am missing. I have gotten this far but I am getting frustrated because I've been stuck on this problem for awhile. I haven't been able to find many videos on PWM. Please help ;)

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Not a whole lot of PWM RX-in is used these days. Even my old 5 year old APM 2.6 builds have all been converted to serial. It may still be doable, but not too many folks are going to have much knowledge on it these days. Some firmwares have even dropped support for it.

elittle

Yea that makes sense... I still want to try it though. I think I found where my main problem is coming from. When I start it up without being connected to the computer, I am able to start it up and when I flip the switch to arm it, the motors spin for about half a second and then everything stops and my flight controller starts blinking constant red. I am not sure what I would have to do to fix this and I'm starting to think that maybe I made a programming mistake.