Setting up twin ESCs with BECs

mrf

Hi everyone,

I'm almost finished building a Mini Guinea Pig and am in the middle of getting the electronics set up. Just wanting to double check a theory with the brains trust here though before I potentially blow my receiver up:

I've decided to not go with differential thrust for the moment as I'm a noob. If I connect my ESC signal wires up through a Y-harness, that should be ok to plug straight into the receiver shouldn't it as the two BECs are effectively in parallel?

Thanks in advance for your insights!

ViperTech

Might not be a good idea, as both esc are regulating and outputting 5 volts there could possibly be an issue with some current flow that could potentially damage things. Safest bet is to remove the red wire from one of the esc's. That is what I do and I have not had any problems. The wire is easy to remove by lifting the lock tab and sliding the terminal out, then just tape the red wire back to the harness. Then if you ever want to use the esc as a single unit again just push the terminal back in.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Might not be a good idea, as both esc are regulating and outputting 5 volts there could possibly be an issue with some current flow that could potentially damage things. Safest bet is to remove the red wire from one of the esc's. That is what I do and I have not had any problems. The wire is easy to remove by lifting the lock tab and sliding the terminal out, then just tape the red wire back to the harness. Then if you ever want to use the esc as a single unit again just push the terminal back in.

That's right. "Cut" the red wire on one of the ESC's.

mrf

Thanks all! Got everything bound and tuned, so hopefully the maiden flight will go ahead today if the weather holds out :p