Sharing a moment.

themistocles3

Resized952017120395161948.jpg

Me and my oldest sharing a moment. Good times! She loves seeing the planes we built fly. She always wants them to go faster.

Edited to add: Thank you FLITE TEST! Josh and the gang got me interested in building my own. They showed how inexpensively it could be done on youtube.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Perfect time to put an inductrix in her hands and get her started. Race quads are for her is she is all about the speed. Get her in the air and rippin the wild blue!

Nice shot btw. Looks like the perfect day to be flying with family.

themistocles3

Perfect time to put an inductrix in her hands and get her started. Race quads are for her is she is all about the speed. Get her in the air and rippin the wild blue!

Nice shot btw. Looks like the perfect day to be flying with family.

At 2 1/2yo I'm not sure she is ready for the transmitter yet. Soon though. Very soon.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Love the picture.

You could try giving her a transmitter on a simulator. If she likes it, she's going to get the hang of it really quickly. And yes, kids tend to play "do the worst crashes imaginable" on a simulator (as do I ;)) quite often.

Redflier

Launch Mode
Perfect!

And, yes, simulators are a good idea, though I've started my lad (4) with chuck gliders, and a drone for his 5th birthday. He already has RC trucks, train and a crane :)

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
This moments, unforgetable! That´s for what we are living!
Thanks for sharing.

themistocles3

Gents, she very enthusiastically wants to fly the planes. I put her in front of the simulator and we tried. She needs some more fine motor skills work. I thought she was going to break the sticks off the thing. Lol. I found an old USB game pad but the throttle stick is spring loaded to center. I recalibrated the thing but it is wonky and clumsy. Any suggestions for accelerating her fine motor skills? Might have to just be patient and encourage her as she goes at her own pace.

I did just build her her own FT sparrow out of black dtfb. It is the glider format. It kinda works. Asked her if she wanted to fly it.
She said "I no fly it! No want it to crash" Love that kid.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Drawing... Get her using pencils or crayons with both hands and have her try to trace shapes you make as accurately as possible holding the pencils straight up with only thumb and pointer fingers.. Of course she will probably be a pinch method pilot after but hey some of the best pilots are pinchers.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Real amazing pic. I'm still working on my boys. To get them on the sticks in the Sim is nothing more than crash-it-hard time.

But my son tried my highly abused mini arrow. he did great until he turned it around and had it come towards him. he corrected the wrong way and tanked it in. We laughed until I realized we lost the nut. and I didn't have a spare. but I talked to him about how well he did, and that the simulator will help him to fly when the plan is coming at him.

Pencils and drawing work.

epsilon

She said "I no fly it! No want it to crash" Love that kid.

omg i almost laughed out loud in the middle of this office i'm sitting in! awesome! I wish i had gotten into this before my daughter got too old to think hanging out with dad was cool. I'm trying to talk her into flitefest... we shall see...