shawn and esc

sanyo

shawn
just leaning how to deal with all the RC electronics. just got a super cub s and a taranis transmitter . can't get the e s c to work right . the motor wont run until throttle is 1/4 the way up and seems to be all the way at 1/2 throttle. Now the motor starts when it feel like it,until you move a switch on the transmitter . This stuff might drive me nuts ................................................................................................................................ one week later super cub s fly great with taranis , now using duel rates and expo so far. But now have a problem with the throttle going up by itself and had to land withe engine at full throttle . any ideas

Last edited:

fixnfly

You should look up the arming sequence for that ESC. I am not familiar with with that radio system, but I know there are some flight test guys that use it. Hopefully they can help. With the spectrum gear, the fail safe throttle point is defined when you bind the reciever. Most speed controls auto calibrate the low throttle setting to match whatever the throttle position is when it is powered on. I would check the throttle limits and make sure any expo or other settings are off, or otherwise set correctly.

Edit: just realized you solved part of this already. What is the minimum throttle limit for each rates level? Does the throttle going up correspond with some other action like changing the rates?

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Whilst I do not fully understand your setup I would recommend that you make sure that you do not have any throttle mixing with another channel.