Shin Tutorial?

Paulieb1979

Hey I I wonder are there any tutorials showing the process to make skins. I really am interested in trying it. Also I tried to upload the plans to software and only one page will show just the first page.

Figure9

Elite member
Hey I I wonder are there any tutorials showing the process to make skins. I really am interested in trying it. Also I tried to upload the plans to software and only one page will show just the first page.

First, welcome to the forum & the hobby. By skin, do you mean using Dollar Tree Foam Board by wrapping it around formers? If so you can search YouTube for Experimental Airlines & find entry level techniques for wrapping DTFB into moulded shapes. FT videos are available but tend to move fast & don’t often linger on the details of the techniques.
If by skins you mean tinted coatings check out this link:

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/rasterize-skins-for-the-ft-simple-cub.39/

Paulieb1979

First, welcome to the forum & the hobby. By skin, do you mean using Dollar Tree Foam Board by wrapping it around formers? If so you can search YouTube for Experimental Airlines & find entry level techniques for wrapping DTFB into moulded shapes. FT videos are available but tend to move fast & don’t often linger on the details of the techniques.
If by skins you mean tinted coatings check out this link:

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/rasterize-skins-for-the-ft-simple-cub.39/

no I want to upload a plan to use as a template to design a skin instead of paint.

Attachments

• mini skin.jpg
    mini skin.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 0

Figure9

Elite member
no I want to upload a plan to use as a template to design a skin instead of paint.

Wow, nice. I use tinted cellophane tape to decorate with a few contrasting colors, nothing complicated or difficult. What you have in mind is way outta my wheel house but I’ll be watching. Good luck, help will come from here & I bet it might even come from that link I sent. I’ll probably use his product for a Cub I’m building.