Shipping race!!!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Hi guys,

I hadn't ordered anything from HK in a while, until the other day I chucked a couple of Wicked Wings (Bee2) into the cart for glydr and myself. After mulling over it for half an hour, I decided to order a receiver battery and a receiver. Both were shipped out the next day, one from the JIT warehouse in China via China Post, the other from the main warehouse in Hong Kong via Singapore post. I don't rate either of these services, so to entertain myself I thought I'd make it a competition.

The race is on!!!

CP - CP267196273CN - http://track-chinapost.com/startairmail.php

SP - RQ159370281SG - http://www.singpost.com/index.php

So far CP is ahead, showing the parcel was collected today (22/3), while SP shows the shipping information is received, but that was yesterday...

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
I finally took delivery on two different orders from their regular China warehouse. Ordered a week apart, they showed up on the same day about 23 days later. These were ordered during the Chinese New Year which cost me time. The next order was placed with their US warehouse and arrived 3 days later - makes me really wish they stocked a lot more stuff there! Today was another order from the China warehouse, but I paid extra for 3-day delivery since I'm getting a cold-weather cover for my TX and want it before the weather turns warm.

I'll back SP for the victory. They're not wasting time logging the package's progress, they're spending that time rushing to get it to you!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
In the past I've always found SP to be around 9 business days (2 days longer than HK Post), probably because Saturday isn't a business day for them. CP has been variable in my experience - some have made it in 7 business days, others 15-17. I've got a theory that the bigger parcels go through quicker because there's a higher profit margin and they take up too much space to leave sitting around waiting for lots of other parcels to go to the same destination.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
SP has marked the parcel as despatched overseas... I think they're probably ahead, but I can't confirm because the image for the verification code won't work on the CP website.

And CP is in the lead according to their tracking... The wings got on a plane on Saturday afternoon. Hopefully both packages make it through Australian customs in record time and arrive before Good Friday!

Last edited:

glydr

How many letters do we ge
You can always borrow my beevo if necessary.

G
who forgot that he ordered a new slope wing

glydr

How many letters do we ge
A close 2nd... not really.

Don't rush it over - this one will likely stay boxed for a while.