Shipping Woes

Inzane121

First of all, I cannot say enough good things about the Flite Test crew. They have all inspired me to get back into this hobby and I have purchased about five kits from the website so far. Thats the good. The not so good is 2 out of 5 orders have been lost or showed up way past the dates I paid to receive them. I also ordered a new Spektrum transmitter ( apparently that is lost in the back of a USPS truck somewhere) from Flite Test because I want to support the good work they do. However, lost packages or packages showing up a week late or even 2, or not at all is really unacceptable. I realize once it ships is is out of their hands but someone needs to get a better grip on logistics.
To end on a good note, I have had loads of fun since you guys have inspired me to take to the air again.

Regards

kdobson83

A lot of factors going on here.
1. FliteTest is no longer in charge of their warehouse/shipping. They partnered with a hobbyshop/warehouse to expand product and decrease shipping costs. But I'd imagine Shipping on their end would be just as quick as before.
2. Once the order is marked shipped and you receive tracking info, it is out of their hands and the speed is now up to the shipping company. UPS, USPS, FedEx, which ever they use. You may want to double check and see if it is fact 2day shipping, as if it's not listed it could take longer than expected.
3. As for lost packages, as long as you have tracking info, take that info to the shipper directly. They will have to locate the package or replace it if they can't find it. This has little to nothing to do with FliteTest in general.

I've ordered from FliteTest 6+ times and have always gotten my stuff within 2-3 business days. Now having said that, I haven't ordered from them since they merged with that other hobbyshop/warehouse.

Either way, both that hobbyshop/warehouse and the shipping company both have customer support and I would try those first.

Good luck.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I've ordered and had pretty good success with them. Even my last order, which as 80 STEM gliders, went well, although there was a little confusion with shipping. Some of that was due to the fact that the new website didn't have the gliders on their page, and I had to write to Flite Test to get a location to actually order them; I think at that point they were actually coming from Ohio, not from the AMain Hobbies warehouse, so there was a slight delay in getting them shipped out to me. I'm ok with that; I ordered them 3 weeks before I needed them, and got them about a week and a half after I ordered them. I didn't want the 2 business day shipping, because it was quite a bit more expensive (the shipping cost was nearly $40 due to the oversize item for the regular cost; I want to say 2 day shipping was nearly double that).

That said, they've been REALLY good at getting stuff out to me...UPS has been sketchy, but fortunately I can usually leave a note on my door saying to please deliver to our apartment office rather than my apartment, especially if a signature is required, and they'll reroute it the 50 feet to the office manager. :) Again, that's UPS in my area, yours may have the "Brown Ninjas" who manage to sneak up and deliver a package to your door without ANYONE sensing them, not even a security camera...

Inzane121

Good points from both Dobson and Sprzout. I think I have just been frustrated and anxious to get my stuff. I live in FL, and their stuff ships from California so I should just be more patient. Since I posted the original thread, everything suddenly showed up on my doorstep. Definitely not the Flite Test Crew's fault. I was just venting. My apologies.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Good points from both Dobson and Sprzout. I think I have just been frustrated and anxious to get my stuff. I live in FL, and their stuff ships from California so I should just be more patient. Since I posted the original thread, everything suddenly showed up on my doorstep. Definitely not the Flite Test Crew's fault. I was just venting. My apologies.

No worries, man. Sometimes, we just need to vent and need an ear to listen. :) Glad everything finally showed up!

Bricks

Master member
Does anyone know how to track parcels ? I would really like to have such a function when I order something!

If the vendor you are purchasing from provides you a tracking number then just go on the website of who they used to ship to track the shipment.

Big shout out to the FT team, I was having trouble tracking my order with the tracking number/ link that the carrier generated. I was getting a little anxious as it’s an international shipment. The length of time wasn’t worrying me so much, it was the tracking from usps wasn’t working.

I contacted support. Within a day they replied with a link to another tracking service. The order is in Australia as of yesterday 🙂

If anyone is experiencing difficulties with the tracking link/ number generated when you receive the email stating it’s posted try parcelsapp.com

leaded50

Legendary member
i live in Norway, and regulary gets packages with different products from US, Uk, Germany, Asia.. and can tell after this covid-stuff, shipping is from EVERYWHERE out of normal, no given timeframe last 2y. have been correct from anywhere. Patience, and surprise if gets in a couple weeks, is main way to go. (if not by expencive express shipping)

I don't understand how in 2021 you can lose a parcel if now everything is tracked by the number you are given when buying the goods? When I ordered a guitar from Germany, I was immediately prompted by a website where you can track the parcel https://www.ukmailtracking.com/en/ and a guarantee that it will come. And now I see that people often have problems with this. Indeed, this is all related to companies that order different things, right? But I'm glad that you were inspired again, and now you're continuing your work. You're doing well; continue in the same spirit, my friend!

I wonder this as well. After FT gave me a link that showed some tracking info, my parcel is showing that’s it landed in Aus on the 12th… now no further updates, just says arrived in destination country, Melbourne.. it’s now the 20th so it’s either sitting there or been ‘lost’. I’ve tried other tracking services all state the same.

I can understand other’s frustration with parcel delivery times/ lack of tracking.

Piotrsko

Master member
I don't understand how in 2021 you can lose a parcel if now everything is tracked by the number you are given when buying the goods? When I ordered a guitar from Germany, I was immediately prompted by a website where you can track the parcel https://www.ukmailtracking.com/en/ and a guarantee that it will come. And now I see that people often have problems with this. Indeed, this is all related to companies that order different things, right? But I'm glad that you were inspired again, and now you're continuing your work. You're doing well; continue in the same spirit, my friend!
Never work in a football field sized shipping warehouse for minimum wage and with efficiency/speed metrics on a 12 hour shift with only a short lunch break then, have you?