Shout out to my wife!

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
So my wife is awesome. I started flying about 9 months ago and my wife has been very supportive of the hobby with all the parts orders and planes laying all over the house and me raiding her crafting supplies for glue and a glue gun, and it goes on. Well a while back I got her to play around on the simulator once. Well the other day hobbyking had a great sale on radios so I picked one up with a long shot that my wife might want to really try and fly. I told her I got a radio for her and she was actually pretty excited. Well yesterday I quickly put together an FT flyer for her and we hit the local park just before sunset. I put the plane up and trimmed it out and took it back down. I handed the radio over to her, got the throttle up and tossed the plane. She did AWESOME! She was able to keep it up for a good 40 seconds until it came down. A few more tosses and a few tweaks to expo and end limits and she was able to keep it in the air for 4 minutes. It was long enough for me to grab a plane out of the trunk and get us both up in the air flying. It was a great moment! Afterward she was pretty excited and is looking forward to being able to go out and fly again. Major shout out to Flitetest for making this moment happen. The joy of these planes is they take the fear out of flying and ultimately I think thats why she was willing to give it a shot.

Here is a video of her first flight. I couldn't be more proud! (we took our puppy along and she was getting a little excited too. Sorry about the barking!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGcRD3_2jQM

Justin

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Thanks everyone! She's pretty awesome. I have a tiny trainer that I may have her try next. She's gone out two more times since this and done well!