Show off your HZ Super Cub!

earthsciteach

Here's mine, at this moment

Oops! I overloaded the wings with flower bombs on a very windy day. Not healthy for the plane.

Attachments

• cub.JPG
    cub.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Fishbonez

Whoa Teach take it easy. :black_eyed: Keep this up and your plane will look like Flirtin With Disaster" in no time

SkyPirate67

Hey all. Newbie here. Here is my Super Cub. I am still working on the wing and fuselage. First time I am personalizing my plane. That's what I love about the Super Cub! I can make a mess and it is easily fixed if i end up creating a Frankenplane. :rolleyes:

c532c368.jpg
0412f4b2.jpg

SkyPirate67

Thanks! I do agree. I was thinking about Du-Bro tires. Any suggestions? I would love to be able to make her look like a SC you would see up north. Also limited to where I can break ground. :confused:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Du-bro has a bunch of great tires, go with a round treadless if you really want the look of the real cubs we have here. I would stay away from the real inflatable rubber tires, they are way to heavy. Trust me, I have some on a nitro cub.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
She looks great! Needs bigger wheels.
Not as scale looking as the DuBros but I've had good luck with these:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-4011.html
3 bucks a pair :)
Scroll back a few pages if you wanna see how I modded them to work with the stock gear.
Yeah, they are heavier than the stockers but they look awesome.
If you are going with big wheels you are pretty sure to want to do the brushless conversion.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I believe you can put up to a 3/4" wide wheel on your stock gear with no mods, which usually equates to a 2.5". I had to make new gear to use my 3" wheels.

Fishbonez

I currently installed 3 inch tires from dubro and a larger wheel in the rear size is unknown, just a scrap one laying around, however I am currently grounded due to a reocurring back injury but will let you know how it goes in the next day or 2..SkyPirate your SC looks great.

Last edited:

SkyPirate67

Hey, thanks guys! So I figure I will get them this week and I will post pics. The ones I want should be good since they are 2.5 inches in the front nd 1 inch in the back should be good at compensating.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I currently installed 3 inch tires from dubro and a larger wheel in the rear size is unknown, just a scrap one laying around, however I am currently grounded due to a reocurring back injury but will let you know how it goes in the next day or 2..SkyPirate your SC looks great.

I also added a larger tail wheel. It really helps while taxiing in the gravel where I fly. Here it is compared to stock. All I had to do was re bend the existing wire.

2012-02-28_02-08-16_625.jpg

Fishbonez

Well it still hated the grass. Made a great Lawnmower as it nosed over on take off :cool: It still enjoyed the dirt road though

Carbon

Elemental Madness
guess what guys? I just figured out how to fly inverted without ailerons! I just went into a nose dive but continued around. Then, to keep it upside down I adjust opposite to the way it wants to roll. Very fun!

SkyPirate67

Cool Carbon! Especially when you intend to do it. I have flown inverted by accident and went into panic mode, so I don't even remember how I did it. I remember making the turn and the plane also decided to go down like a nose dive but went level upside down. I did crash it anyway when I tried to come out of it. Lasted about two heart beats. :eek: