Show off your HZ Super Cub!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Hobbyzone supercubs love to fly upside down. Just pull up hard and when it's upside down, push down and keep your speed up. You can keep it upside down for quite a while with the rudder but it will try to right itself. You rarely have the power to nose down out of it so make sure you're high enough to pull out of it or hard over on the rudder and sort of roll out.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Just stay really high :)
Maybe double up on the rubberbands in case you get to low and have to loop out instead of roll out.

Here's my Super Cub. It's got a brushless motor, ailerons and big tires. I picked up these tires at a used RC shop for about $2. Love 'em! SupercubBigwheels.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Those are sweet are they inflatable? I have the 6" dubro inflatable rubber tires on a big cub but they are extremely heavy. How heavy are those?

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Any ideas for a new motor? I want something that can kicka$$ and lift a 2200 mah and fpv stuff and bomb drop and my cat. Just kidding, but I do want a new motor. Any in stock at hobbykings intl warehouse that will do?

Last edited:

smittyplugs

I took one of my super cubs to the next level by flatting out the wing and adding ailerons also went brushless using a rocket 1500kn brushless motor coupled with a 30amp esc spinning a 9x6 apc prop and powered by a 2200mah lipo. this plane will also be my new fpv platform as soon as im all set with my gear....

a3fbb01f.jpg

715565e5.jpg

398e85ed.jpg

966649d4.jpg

32ef4d3e.jpg

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Any ideas for a new motor? I want something that can kicka$$ and lift a 2200 mah and fpv stuff and bomb drop and my cat. Just kidding, but I do want a new motor. Any in stock at hobbykings intl warehouse that will do?
Park 480 or Park 450 - Probably the 480 if you want to haul up the cat.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
good, 'cause I already ordered it! The 480's went out of stock about 10min before I ordered so I got this one. I hope it has enough power!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Any of these motors will be WAY more power than stock.
The 450 park is like putting a 350 into a chevy vega
The 480 park is like putting a 454 into it.
The 3536 is probably fairly equivalent to the park 480

Scroll back and look at my setup.
I run 4 inch wheels, a 2200mah battery and a bomb drop.
I can load up with three of the small nerf footballs, still ROG with unlimited vertical.
If this motor doesn't get you enough power, you probably ought to be thinking about a different plane ;)

oagh

Well I got one more super cub done, Its made from new parts ,and it took 4 moths lol,
It was a parts and time thing , Free parts takes time :)
So here is what it looks like
391s.JPG 390s.JPG 388s.JPG
I had to get it done, My last cub died ..........

Ok here is what is in side
Its got a Turnigy G10 Brushless Outrunner 1100kv
and TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller
and a Spektrum AR6210 DSMX 6-channel receiver
and coverd in Econokote "cub Yellow" trimed in black
and Hextronik MG-14 14g/2.2kg/0.11sec aircraft servo
2200 3s
and no lights....I need to put theam in .
So there is my new super cub lp