Show off your HZ Super Cub!

earthsciteach

My cub doesn't exist anymore...
I lost it in a horrible crash that would have cost more in replacement parts then to just get a new one. It was what made me leave Spektrum actually...

How many pieces? If the fuselage was in 6 pieces or less (not counting a few small foam bits), then its an easy fix!

small pyrotechnic devices...

small pyrotechnic devices u say.? do go on...

i have found particual joy in taping a party popper to my bomb drop module and tying the sting through the servo arm loop and setting those off in the air..

the band definitly makes people look up like "WHAT THE *?#!" and then the streamers just kind of add to the confusion lol

dogs enough the BANG to... i think.? :p

has anyone mounted a brushless (with a few thrust angle changes) straight to the exsisting firewall.?
i kno that you wont be able to add the cowel.. but..? anyone else other than me tried (and mostly failed) it>?

robschonk

small pyrotechnic devices u say.? do go on...

i have found particual joy in taping a party popper to my bomb drop module and tying the sting through the servo arm loop and setting those off in the air..

the band definitly makes people look up like "WHAT THE *?#!" and then the streamers just kind of add to the confusion lol

dogs enough the BANG to... i think.? :p

Haven't tried it yet, but I was thinking of what we call cracker balls. Small balls about the size of a large pea that you throw on the ground, and you get a loud crack. Not sure if you get enough terminal velocity to ignite them, though. Maybe on pavement. The AMA frowns on such activities....

Now you want to see pyrotechnics:

http://tech.streaming-video-gratuit.fr/fpv-fireworks-july4th-2009_gBn1h0x-37E.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBn1h0x-37E&NR=1

Warning: don't try this at home!

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
How's this for a SuperCub?

IMG_1173.jpg

earthsciteach

Robshonk - I tried that very thing on Saturday. I hot glued a servo in the battery box and made a foam board bomb bay door. In my haste to get it done, I didn't seal up all the openings in the battery box, so the pop thingys made their way into the fuse. Before I could try again, I had the altercation with the Sky Surfer.

robschonk

Robshonk - I tried that very thing on Saturday. I hot glued a servo in the battery box and made a foam board bomb bay door. In my haste to get it done, I didn't seal up all the openings in the battery box, so the pop thingys made their way into the fuse. Before I could try again, I had the altercation with the Sky Surfer.

Might wrap them lightly in Saran Wrap. That would tend to flutter away and let the cracker balls fall ballistically. Keep us posted.