show suggestion - Built in Full auto Airsoft machine gun

there are a several youtube videos about how to make a full auto homemade airsoft gun. I found one that used a pill bottle and a bic pen. now you can't launch a 3 gallon compressor in the air (not to say you would' t try, i saw that cinder block episode) but what about those computer air cleaner cans they are like 50-70lbs pressure aren't they?

I really wanted to do an article on how to put this together and contribute to the site but no such time (school, work, kids, etc...) but after thinking about how David was able to use a servo to activate the butane can I think he could probably figure out how do the same for a can of air and feed it to the pill bottle filled with airsoft pellets and fire away!

to make it even cooler maybe use some ridge tubing and route it to the wings, or you could probably use the kraken, or FT cruiser, but build the fuselage big enough to house all the parts and fire straight out of the nose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61-29U9rJ4 - mini pill bottle gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8wRpgvhyg&list=RDr_8wRpgvhyg - big compressor driven gun, i remember watching one of these that had the pressure at around 90psi

I haven't got a good idea for a challenge yet, combat would probably be pretty hard but could be fun all the same with FPV like a real life video game.

have fun!

-Jes

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I have been toying with the idea of putting the internals of an airsoft pistol into the edge 540. I found that my co2 holder and the barrel fit nicely inside the spar! I might put fpv on it and make a balsa gunsight. LOL

mach1 rc

Master member
there are a several youtube videos about how to make a full auto homemade airsoft gun. I found one that used a pill bottle and a bic pen. now you can't launch a 3 gallon compressor in the air (not to say you would' t try, i saw that cinder block episode) but what about those computer air cleaner cans they are like 50-70lbs pressure aren't they?

I really wanted to do an article on how to put this together and contribute to the site but no such time (school, work, kids, etc...) but after thinking about how David was able to use a servo to activate the butane can I think he could probably figure out how do the same for a can of air and feed it to the pill bottle filled with airsoft pellets and fire away!

to make it even cooler maybe use some ridge tubing and route it to the wings, or you could probably use the kraken, or FT cruiser, but build the fuselage big enough to house all the parts and fire straight out of the nose

- mini pill bottle gun.

- big compressor driven gun, i remember watching one of these that had the pressure at around 90psi

I haven't got a good idea for a challenge yet, combat would probably be pretty hard but could be fun all the same with FPV like a real life video game.

have fun!

-Jes
That would be a awesome project.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Some people would be annoyed/freaked out, but I don't think that's particularly illegal. I'm no expert though. At least if its in a plane it doesn't look like a gun, and that's half your worries right there.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Not sure what legal items have been addressed regarding something like this in new legislation but its been a long standing rule that projectile type mechanisms is never allowed on planes. Non exploding dropped or un powered projectiles was ok'd just not powered projectiles.

If you do the project be careful how and where you document it. Specially with the new coppa rules on you tube. 42 grand fine just to shoot plastic bullets is a steep price for the return in fun. Airsoft anything will surely be tagged for kids.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Not sure what legal items have been addressed regarding something like this in new legislation but its been a long standing rule that projectile type mechanisms is never allowed on planes. Non exploding dropped or un powered projectiles was ok'd just not powered projectiles.

If you do the project be careful how and where you document it. Specially with the new coppa rules on you tube. 42 grand fine just to shoot plastic bullets is a steep price for the return in fun. Airsoft anything will surely be tagged for kids.
"projectile type mechanisms" is pretty vague, and can apply to anything from suction-cup tip darts to mechanisms for projection...seeds, useful aid to people in trouble...ETC. Wonderful. They really caught the bad guys. I feel safer already:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Isn't it great how the system is looking out for our best interests despite our own stupidity:ROFLMAO::whistle:? What kind of dangerous buffoon would want to rig one child's toy onto another.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Those rules were established way back 80 some years ago when the first organized flying became a thing.... I guess people were practicing Darwinian antics even back then.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I may be a buffoon, but as long as I do it safely, and within my regions regulations I will be just fine. I am a glider pilot and am in no mood for getting my license revoked.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Being sarcastic if anyone didn't catch it. Air soft is relatively harmless. Only dumb Draconian laws would lump it in with anything "projectile" that should be banned. Airsoft could be annoying or disruptive, even mildly dangerous in the wrong hands. So can the RC vehicle itself, more so than the airsoft. I'm making fun of those dumb regulations😆

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Being sarcastic if anyone didn't catch it. Air soft is relatively harmless. Only dumb Draconian laws would lump it in with anything "projectile" that should be banned. Airsoft could be annoying or disruptive, even mildly dangerous in the wrong hands. So can the RC vehicle itself, more so than the airsoft. I'm making fun of those dumb regulations😆
Couldn't catch the sarcasm. LOL