Show us your maidens!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
no video but all 3 of my maidens went well today. maybe tomorrow i will get someone to take some video. i know we got some pics, but i don't have them yet. flew the Arrow with FPV and all i can say is i am in love. i already loved this wing, built prob 10+ at this point, but flying FPV is just too much fun! the Goblin was just stupid fast and needs some color. i was waiting to see if it would die again...my last caught fire! :LOL:

20190103_154052.jpg

love the videos. i know i should take more but what can i say, i just want to fly.

laters,

me :cool:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
got some video of the goblin today. hard to see it is so fast but the noise is worth the price of admission.

gave it to a friend as soon as i was done with the 2nd flight of the day. told him i wanted the electronics back when he crashed it. :LOL:

laters,

me :cool:

bracesport

Legendary member
When is a maiden not a maiden? For me if I manage to stay in the air it’s a maiden! If I made tweaks since the last crash I think that is definitely a maiden! 🤓🤨😝😫

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
When is a maiden not a maiden? For me if I manage to stay in the air it’s a maiden! If I made tweaks since the last crash I think that is definitely a maiden! 🤓🤨😝😫

My definition is all new builds, or anytime after crash damage has been repaired, if it goes farther than I could throw it that counts as a maiden flight. All maiden flights get all the precautions of extra triple checking the throw directions, CG, prop direction, no-slop servo connections, secure hatches. And calling out to the other people around to be ready to duck and cover - it's only fair to let them start running early :p

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Isn't the Scout a Trainer plane? I want something a little harder to fly. Maybe the spitfire or something.

I have a 40a ESC I want to use so I have to build something big.

The Scout is a great all around performer - I was using mine as a 3D / Knife Edge / Inverted trainer as well as a streamer combat flyer. I say was because I was looping around towards my buddies streamer and did a figure 9 from being too low :ROFLMAO:

It's on my rebuild list though - just needs a new fuselage :D