Show us your maidens!

bracesport

Legendary member
nothing too fantastic with this maiden - V tail DLG with a FB wing - next time I will throw it off a slope!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Very cool. Love the sound of it too! Looks like a blast to fly.

Peter
Yeah, I thought that too... Sounds like some racing quad... Lol

Quad guys are bouncing their stuff off of concrete and breaking fewer props than fixed wing guys... I figured if I'm building fpv fixed wing id borrow from the quad world a little to help keep the durability up since I fully intend to crash this thing into multiple trees!

Hoomi

Master member
It's the Southern Arizona Gliders and Electrics ("SAGE") Field in Marana, Arizona. Marana borders on the Southwest side of Tucson, and out where we are, we have mostly open desert surrounding us. There are two ranches and a greenhouse facility nearby, but the only issues we have with any of the neighbors, is that the place at our northeast corner has asked we not overfly their property, as the planes tend to spook some of their animals. That's really a minor courtesy to extend, and with all the open space we have, one that presents no real inconvenience at all.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Well pilots here is couple maiden Videos from about 4 years back flying "Bessie" my B-17 Bomber

my thumbs just dance on the sticks everytime she's up in the air lol big difference between RC Gift from my wife or thrashing about homemade RC from foam :)
there shouldnt be hahaha

I do have another clip of Bessie doing the "Fish" on take off and smashing the landing gear lol however the language in the video is a touch too colourful to post on here :)

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Not near enough wind to even pretend this is slope soaring, but its still fun to chuck a glider off a big hill!

JennyC6

Elite member
but there it goes. My old balsa trainer finally airborne.

Hopefully this upcoming friday or saturday I fly my nitro powered Commuter. And that? That's something I'm willing to solo.

I'm...rather paranoid about crashing the NexSTAR

Headbang

Master member
Most of the pieces were the 3d printed landing gear and wheel parts shattering. Worst part was that was the second plane I maidened that crashed from airframe issues last weekend! I like to maiden other ppls planes, allows me to fly things I do not have time to build myself. Just hate it when it goes wrong!